Preppers Are Crazy ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
very well said.. Can't get much clearer about what we need to do and what will happen. His statement about our ability to return to the old ways of life are pie in the sky for the average person, once the trucks stop running and the grocery store shelves are empty, lots of folks are going to starve. I grew up a country boy, have plowed and harvested, picked lots of berries and fruit and know how to live like that, but not having the infrastructure in place like the old family farm will leave us at the mercy of those with the farmland and tools to do it with. I can probably get by with my ability to do so many mechanical things, but if you have no skills needed, they aren't going to be willing to include you in the farm distribution. Starvation, then disease, the remaining population will be a lot less numerous to gobble up the remaining resources. I see very bad times ahead.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even many of those with farmland and tools will be lost without the trappings of modern life...no diesel fuel for the massive machines they employ, no genetically altered seeds, no modern pesticides, no GPS mapping of plots.

A lot of our "farmers" are no closer to the old ways than folks living in suburbia.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of our "farmers" are no closer to the old ways than folks living in suburbia.
They may not be able to continue modern "industrial" farming on a scale large enough to feed the multitudes, but I'd bet that they're a lot closer to self-sufficiency than the vast majority of Americans. Even if they can't run a 160 acre field of RoundUp-ready Corn from <insert giant agribusiness here>, they still know the basics of agronomy, and I'd be shocked if they couldn't run a garden plot big enough to feed their families and neighbors.

Latest posts

Top Bottom