Preppers Bookshelf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats on your prepper bookshelf? There are a few books I'd like to have in the library for education purpose.

Book subjects I'm looking for:

Plant identification book, poisonious too
Illustrated first aid/home remedy medical
Survival cooking book/ practical cooking in the woods

If you have any titles that I can check out, or have book subjects you need post them up

HiPower

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any books on animal husbandry, particularly for smaller animals. Look for books written by Storey.
The FoxFire series abounds with good information.
Any books on food preservation, like canning, making jerky etc.
Soap making, unless you like to stink. When TSHTF, Proctor and Gamble won't be around.
Cheese making.
Books on emergency medical care. "Where There Is NO Doctor" is a good one.
Just to spice up your life a bit....Mead making is a good idea if you have a good source of honey.

All of these and more are on my shelf.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
some military manuals are good, the latest Army survival manual has color pics of plants, all mil books are in the public doman so most are free online to down load,e-bay for used or cheap.
Euell gibons wrote a few good books,Bradford Angier wrote 35 books some on camping, some like ,how to survive in the woods,all good.easy to find and dirt cheap.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd recommend taking a look at Jim Rawles' "List of Lists", which contains a comprehensive batch of titles. Go to his website, scroll down and you'll see the link to List of Lists on the left-hand side of the page; it downloads as an Excel spreadsheet. Once you open the spreadsheet, there's a tab down on the bottom entitled "Books List".

Cap'n Rawles being the OCD detail person that he is, has them divided into tiers - the first tier being the basic recommendations, so on and so forth, etc. etc....

http://survivalblog.com/

OKC9-12LEDR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom