primer flash hole blues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulsadave2003

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am so sick of picking out media from every single .223 flash hole, I only tumble to remove the lube, so i'm considering just washing all the brass in the kitchen sink when the wife is gone. Any suggestions? to keep from having to stick a nail in every single primer pocket?

thanks
-David

tulsadave2003

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i need to try the lizard litter, thanks for all the reply's, what is a good dry lube? right now i'm using rcbs lube in a spritzer of alcohol in a baggie, roll, then dump and dry, and good to go, very cheap and easy

springfield_45

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am so sick of picking out media from every single .223 flash hole, I only tumble to remove the lube, so i'm considering just washing all the brass in the kitchen sink when the wife is gone. Any suggestions? to keep from having to stick a nail in every single primer pocket?

thanks
-David

Might try using a universal decapper in your first station of your press if it's progressive. I've loaded 2k .223 doing it that way and it worked great. If you're loading on a single stage just forget what I said and listen to everyone else.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not got a tumbler YET....I put my brass into a stainless pot with water and coolaid packet ,,heat it on the stove with the brass in it, agitate for about 5 minutes...
I then put it in a plastic jar and shake it around and make it spin,,,In this jar i have the warm coolaid and water with 1 green scotchbright pad i cut up into 3/4 to 1/2" squares.....shake and spin a few times ...then rinse it well with warm water ..then a good rinse with water and bakingsoda to neutralize the acid...then 2 more rinses in the warm water.....

You can blow them out with compressed air or swab or just let it dry...
Probably more tedious than a tumbler....I dont do a bunch at a time,,only about 40-50
the coolaid mix is good for about 3 rounds of cleaning...I have used vinegar ..it works but is smelly and takes longer...you could use citric acid,,but i ran out 2 years ago when making lemon pies,,gives a nice kick to lemon pies

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want it really clean without having to clean out the media. buy an ultrasonic cleaner. Works great and cleans the inside of the case and primer pocket too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom