primer flash hole blues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the reasons that vibratory tumblers are so popular is that they work well enough for about 99% of reloaders and they're SIMPLE. Short Brass wire sections, ceramic or stainless media in in a wet tumbler, dishwasher, hand wash, chemical baths, boiling, etc.... Is a PITA.

Dump cases in the tumbling bowl with walnut media (For the same reasons as the OP stated), let run for a couple hours (Or overnight if I forget) and pour into the separator over a bucket.

Done. Move on to more important things in life...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never have problems with media in the primer hole.
Run everything thru the polisher before taking out the primer.
I'm sure I'll get flamed, but have never had a problem doing this since starting in 1980.
My way of thinking is that if a primer is in the pocket, and the flash hole is cleared by the decapper, I don't need to worry about cleaning the primer pocket. The next primer just seats in there.
I guess, if shooting 1K benchrest, or something, I'd change my mind, but for me this is what works.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi David,

Lots of ways to clean it.

I wouldn't use the kitchen sink or anything else that comes into contact with food I eat though, nasty stuff on brass not good if it gets inside the body.

What is the process you are using now? Do you deprime before cleaning?

Good luck,

Alan

Latest posts

Top Bottom