Pro Am club match..Shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shotgun shooting

• Shoot shotguns and pistols together

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Shoot shotguns after pistol match

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Put shotgun/pistol combo shooters on separate squads

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I enjoyed shooting both at the same time. I do understand that the pistol only shooters would tire of waiting on shotgun shooters. Perhaps the 3rd choice of grouping the combo shooters on the same squad would be better. When we started over the first time it seemed to take way more time than it did when we shot at the same time.

acpjosh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoyed shooting both at the same time. I do understand that the pistol only shooters would tire of waiting on shotgun shooters. Perhaps the 3rd choice of grouping the combo shooters on the same squad would be better. When we started over the first time it seemed to take way more time than it did when we shot at the same time.
Yep, I think put pistol only shooters on same squad with no shotgunners. I don't think I was clear enuff on the third choice.

Lance Jensen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would prefer to shoot shotguns after the pistol match. It takes a lot of time converting a pistol belt over to a shotgun belt. This slows things down with fewer people setting steel.

Also it would make it tough on competitors wanting to shoot both divisions by rushing stage plans. It makes for a longer day, but a much more enjoyable match with way less down time. Overall I think it would let the match go faster by keeping squads smaller. Not everyone is going to compete in the shotgun division. Thins the heard so to speak... Either way you'll have the same ammount of shooters.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It took longer because we had people trying to setup for shotguns instead of setting up steel.

I don't think pistol only people squading together will work because they will just get stuck behind the people shooting shotguns unless they are allowed to shoot through.

Oh, just read lance's post, +1 to what he said.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted for shotgun match after pistol match. This arrangement makes sense to me. Lance, as Paul pointed out, already said all of this.

I'm good to go for any arrangament as long as we can still do both. lol...

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would prefer to shoot shotguns after the pistol match. It takes a lot of time converting a pistol belt over to a shotgun belt. This slows things down with fewer people setting steel.

Also it would make it tough on competitors wanting to shoot both divisions by rushing stage plans. It makes for a longer day, but a much more enjoyable match with way less down time. Overall I think it would let the match go faster by keeping squads smaller. Not everyone is going to compete in the shotgun division. Thins the heard so to speak... Either way you'll have the same ammount of shooters.

It took longer because we had people trying to setup for shotguns instead of setting up steel.

I don't think pistol only people squading together will work because they will just get stuck behind the people shooting shotguns unless they are allowed to shoot through.

Oh, just read lance's post, +1 to what he said.

I voted for shotgun match after pistol match. This arrangement makes sense to me. Lance, as Paul pointed out, already said all of this.

I'm good to go for any arrangament as long as we can still do both. lol...

+1 here too.

After reading these wise shooters comments, I agree and think it should be moved to after the pistol match.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those just running pistols don't know what they're missing out on, this would have been a great oppurtunity to slap a shotty in their hands and let em grin from ear to ear by running em together. Heck I have never shot anything other than a single shot break action shotgun in my life and had a blast.

But hey I don't want to slow down or upset anyone so shotguns after pistol is fine. That's the way I voted just wanted to throw my .02 in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom