Project Appleseed Comes to Stillwater! Feb. 22-23, 2014 -- Camo Corner gun range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got myself signed up last night. I wish I were better prepared, because I'd really like one of those Rifleman patches! But I'm excited about improving my shooting, whether I'm able to earn a patch or not.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Excellent... if you have a rifle, a sling, a couple mags, and 400 rounds of ammo, you are prepared enough! We will definitely teach some techniques that will improve your shooting.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bring your kids! I've never felt more comfortable with my kids around a group of shooters than I did when I took my oldest son to an Appleseed a few years back. Daniel and the crew run a tight ship and are more than capable of providing guidance and assistance to your young 'uns if they run into trouble while you are in the middle of your string....

It's time for me to get my daughter ready for one.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Excellent job to all the folks involved with the Appleseed Project!

I learned a ton of practical techniques that I'll be able to work on and one day pass on to the next generation. It was very well run and a great mix of technique and history.

It was also a very humbling experience. Having shot nearly all my life, it's amazing to see how much improvement I need and what the redefinition of standard should be.

Thanks for the hard work and great lesson!

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad you enjoyed it! I hope to see you and everyone else on the firing line again soon.

The stats: four new Riflemen; one new Instructor in Training; one heck of a good time had by all!

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Excellent job to all the folks involved with the Appleseed Project! I learned a ton of practical techniques that I'll be able to work on and one day pass on to the next generation. It was very well run and a great mix of technique and history. It was also a very humbling experience. Having shot nearly all my life, it's amazing to see how much improvement I need and what the redefinition of standard should be. Thanks for the hard work and great lesson!

+1!!!

pistolpete2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Appleseedwas great! It was my first time and Saturday was great weather. Sunday was cold and windy, however, we had more guys earn their rifleman patch Sunday in worse conditions. I believe there were 4 guys Sunday to earn their patch and 1 guy on Saturday.

I shot 213 and earned my patch on my 2nd to last try ( I only had enough rounds for 1 more AQT).

Hensch, what is the website with the pics from the event??

i573.photobucket.com_albums_ss173_stevensturgeon_243e352d72f59cb22fc8427973a408a4.jpg

i573.photobucket.com_albums_ss173_stevensturgeon_b58ede089a2859f57666f888390da36f.jpg

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So it turns out pistolpete is actually pretty handy with a rifle too! Good shooting man.

Here is the AAR thread on the Appleseed forum with all the pictures from the event. Feel free to register on the forum and say hi.

Latest posts

Top Bottom