Pros and Cons of buying a Demo handgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only concern I'd have on a demo would be how many used the slide release to allow the action to slam closed without a mag and ammo inserted.
Lots of discussion about pro's and cons. Some say it won't hurt a thing, as that's what semi-auto's do every time, but I disagree.
Stripping the round out of the mag slows everything down so the slide coming into battery isn't as hard.
I may be full of crap, but that's my theory.
Dennis is right. Damage like that would be hard to see, but you might be able to detect something amiss by checking for any unexpected looseness or "slop" that just doesn't feel right. There are so many ways to damage anything humans touch, but most firearms made in recent years are pretty robust and should serve us and those that follow us for many good years.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A whole lot of Gun Dealers on the Net have Police Trade ins with not a lot of miles on them and some good buys out there. I have a Glock 19 Gen One and about 9,000 rounds on it and it still looks new and never a problem bought it new in the early '90's. I personally would save the money and get a nice clean used gun.

Since you’re new, welcome and I’ll take it easy on ya.
How about you post up some pics of that “Gen 1, Glock 19”? Would love to see it. Those bad boys are very rare in the US, you probably wouldn’t be shooting it, and you’d have quite a valuable pistol there.
There’s gents over on Glocktalk.com forum that have tracked nearly all the Gen 1’s in Model of 19 imported into the US. If they haven’t recorded your serial number, I’m sure that they’d like to soon. So, feel free to post pics here or go explore the value of your really rare pistol.
Take care and have a great one!

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a S&W M&P40 Pro in 2019 that had been a dealer display for about four years (or so it was advertised). Paid a whopping $385 for it, and other than the sights that were a bit less bright and just a touch of wear on the barrel hood it looked new, felt new, and had new accessories.

Shot like new too. It is now sitting in my nightstand.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments! I ended up buying 1 new and 1 demo gun. Taking them to the range this week to see how they shoot.

Soooo, you found demo models of the PDP? Would you care to share with the class where you got them? You know, just...ahem....curious. (My wife can't see me, can she? You'd let me know, right?).

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Soooo, you found demo models of the PDP? Would you care to share with the class where you got them? You know, just...ahem....curious. (My wife can't see me, can she? You'd let me know, right?).
Actually, i'd be more than happy to share. I got the Full size Demo PDP at SportWorld in Tulsa. They have a good selection of most of the available models of the PDP, and a few PPQs at fair prices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom