Prosperity Gospel/Seed Faith

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's another religious question... Let me state up front, it is NOT my intention to offend anyone with this subject.

Personally, I'm really baffled by this because it outwardly seems like a religious multi-level marketing scheme with all the money flowing to the dudes preaching it. Additionally, from what I have witnessed, and what I have heard, it seems to be both spiritually, and financially irresponsible. I have heard terms like "give your way out of debt," and "if it's not enough to meet your need, it's enough to seed."

I cannot wrap my head around the concept that God wants everyone to be rich (didn't Jesus say, "The poor will be with you always?"), and I'm not sure the idea of giving money to the church with the belief/hope/expectation that God will return it "ten-fold" is very Christian. It seems to reduce God to a cosmic craps game.

Can someone explain this to me?

And everyone, please keep the responses respectful. Thanks.

Brad A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Deuteronomy it lists blessings and curses. Poverty is in the curses list. It goes on to say that God wants the blessings to come upon His people and not the curses. It is clear when reading the ENTIRE Bible that God wants His people blessed in all areas of life because He loves them as children and because more can be done for His cause. I recommend reading the entire Bible several times to get the entire context and to see the overall theme and heart of God. Our financial prosperity is important to Him but it is not His #1 priority as some of (not all) the wealth preachers would lead you to believe. I recommend the book Thou Shall Prosper written by Rabbi Daniel Lapin.
Also, Jesus was wealthy. The wise kings that brought gifts to Him when he was born was equivalent to several million dollars. He started His life as a millionaire. The Bible never states that there were 3 kings that visited. There were likely many more. Kings would bring great gifts! Jesus supported 12 disciples and their families for 3 years. He must have had some cash. The Roman soldiers were gambling to see who would get His clothes.
I could go on but I won't. There are prosperity preachers that are off base and there are those that teach God's intentions. Just like anything, there are the good ones and the ones w impure motives.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jesus just sent me a three hunerd dollar bill, and I was like "Dayum Jesus, is that even legal?" I took it down to the bank and they told me it wasn't.
Thanks a lot Jesus, for getting my hopes up.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jesus just sent me a three hunerd dollar bill, and I was like "Dayum Jesus, is that even legal?" I took it down to the bank and they told me it wasn't.
Thanks a lot Jesus, for getting my hopes up.

Yeah, They called it ..the Electric Bill...now I gotta figure how to pay it....character building?

To the OP ..pure Greed, I never could figure out why God needed my money.
Besides doesn't He already Know How it works out?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, They called it ..the Electric Bill...now I gotta figure how to pay it....character building?

To the OP ..pure Greed, I never could figure out why God needed my money.
Besides doesn't He already Know How it works out?
God needs everybody's money. How else do you expect him to operate?

Latest posts

Top Bottom