Prosperity Gospel/Seed Faith

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reverend is an English word. It doesn't actually appear anywhere in the Bible. God is another English word that never actually appears in the Bible. Anal retentive is the English rendering of a Freudian idea the doesn't actually appear in the Bible but probably should.
Classic Iggy. Man, I miss Iggy.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For Christians it started with Paul. He wrote letters telling people to give to a new kinda Church that Jesus wasn't even aware of.
This is a major left turn. Suggest you start another thread for this.

Re The "Prosperity gospel" - Jim Bakker, that paragon of virtue, renounced it while in prison after reading the entire bible for the first time. :rolleyes2 He realized and admitted that he had been taking a few verses out of context and ignoring everything else in the bible that related to the topic of wealth.

If you want to know the wisdom of the bible you must read everything on a topic not just a few verses.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a Christian and read the Bible and according to the Bible, there are a lot of charlatans out there. I used to like and listen to Joel Osteen but then heard of him charging for tickets to hear him speak-that is contrary to the Bible, "freely received, freely give. No man should charge for the gospel and no one should be "shamed" into giving money to some millionaire preacher with his or her own aircraft.
I remember one preacher telling the audience to reach in their wallet and pull out a twenty dollar bill and if "you don't have a twenty, pull out aren't or even a five and I'll pray over it." Then he prayed and tells everyone to take that money and put it in the offering plate so the "blessings of God will flow." That was the heavy Black preacher TD Jakes.
One does not need to give anything to God to be blessed, you cannot buy God regardless of what some preachers imply.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Additionally, this self-serving greed keeps a lot of people out of church. The money one gives is in my opinion to spread the gospel and not to build a gym or home for the preacher. Churches are tax exempt but some of these mega churches should be taxed. Of course once the giv't does that they'll go after all churches, big and small and many smaller churches will close because they can't make ends meet. But those mega churches are a travesty!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For whatever it's worth, that's not a teaching of any of the Christian religions I've ever been part of. If your question is based on a Joel Osteen deal - well, don't take his word as gospel (pun intended).

And if Benny Hinn is such a great healer, why doesn't he visit the hospitals and heal those that are on their death bed? He is a millionaire and of the likes of Al Sharpton. Both should pay taxes! They and others like them need to quit the ministry and get an honest job and throw that title of reverend aside for more capapable men of God.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And if Benny Hinn is such a great healer, why doesn't he visit the hospitals and heal those that are on their death bed? He is a millionaire and of the likes of Al Sharpton. Both should pay taxes! They and others like them need to quit the ministry and get an honest job and throw that title of reverend aside for more capapable men of God.

I've seen Benny Hinn heal people on TV, I can't figure out why we even need hospitals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom