Proud Dad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I waited way too long to have a kid- I'll be 69 on the June 23 and have a girl who will be a senior this year- talk about being older than some parents- I think I'm older that some of their great grandparents. Praise the Lord I have her- I have worked to keep myself young for her- we played softball- golf and have had a number of band events. I have had the patience to teach her a whole lot of things and that she must think for herself by hearing all sides of something and forming her own opinion on something and be ready to change that if you learn something new or different from what it began. Make yourself independent but allow others to be your friend if they are a friend. Yes, I'm an old dog and I know it, but that does not relieve me of my duty to best raise my child to adulthood with an understanding of how things work.

Georgie 1

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter Miranda, graduated Casady today after spending 15 years there (2 years pre k, kindergarten and then 1st through 12th). I couldn't be more proud, especially since I used to wonder if I would ever have kids. My wife and I didn't meet each other until after 30, so we are older than a lot of the parents up there. Good job! One more year and your brother walks.

View attachment 483320
👍

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I waited way too long to have a kid- I'll be 69 on the June 23 and have a girl who will be a senior this year- talk about being older than some parents- I think I'm older that some of their great grandparents. Praise the Lord I have her- I have worked to keep myself young for her- we played softball- golf and have had a number of band events. I have had the patience to teach her a whole lot of things and that she must think for herself by hearing all sides of something and forming her own opinion on something and be ready to change that if you learn something new or different from what it began. Make yourself independent but allow others to be your friend if they are a friend. Yes, I'm an old dog and I know it, but that does not relieve me of my duty to best raise my child to adulthood with an understanding of how things work.
Sounds like we have a similar philosophy on child rearing, we tried to make them able to make their own decisions in life. I introduced both to firearms with professional training, but only my son really took to them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom