PSA AK103

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whenever they come out with the one in 556 is the one I’m going to
Man I have been waiting on that one for so long. I haven’t heard much about it but I know it’s still coming. I am wanting that, the JAKL, and the MP5 clone. PSA is unbelievable with the things they are doing. One thing is certain, they actually listen to their customers. I remember when they first released their AK it had some issues and was made with cast parts and no chrome lined barrel. But they listens to customers and released a G2 that was better. Then came the G3 with all forged parts. Then the latest is the G4 which has the FN CHF barrel and all hammer forged parts. The 103 is the same. They have improved upon every rifle. I’ve been very happy with all of my PSA stuff. My AKV is great too.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the ALG trigger I just installed. It has a great feel. Crisp break with not much mushiness and the reset is pretty good. Much better than the factory trigger. I also took a picture of the barrel markings denoting the FN logo.
19108FC3-3655-47FD-9D0D-73BD25BD7D4E.jpeg
A86B0D39-17EA-4DD7-B9F3-09DDF56B8260.jpeg

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice. I know PSA does some nice AR triggers. Can you talk about the AK trigger before switching to the ALG (Geisselle)? Is it serviceable?
The stock trigger was not PSA’s polished enhanced trigger. It was a standard trigger. It was just ok. Had a lot of mush when breaking. Reset wasn’t bad. The ALG is excellent. Hardly any mush when breaking and the reset is nice. For the price it’s a steal. I got it for $69. I have a CMC in one of my AR’s and it is the best I’ve felt. It breaks perfectly and has no creep upon take up. I have a Geissle SSA-E two stage in my LWRC and it is excellent too. Cant go wrong with any of them. For precision shooting the Geissle is hands down the best.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man I have been waiting on that one for so long. I haven’t heard much about it but I know it’s still coming. I am wanting that, the JAKL, and the MP5 clone. PSA is unbelievable with the things they are doing. One thing is certain, they actually listen to their customers. I remember when they first released their AK it had some issues and was made with cast parts and no chrome lined barrel. But they listens to customers and released a G2 that was better. Then came the G3 with all forged parts. Then the latest is the G4 which has the FN CHF barrel and all hammer forged parts. The 103 is the same. They have improved upon every rifle. I’ve been very happy with all of my PSA stuff. My AKV is great too.
I have an AKV also. It is an amazing little bugger. Love it.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot 90 rounds through it today. I was gonna shoot more but I don’t want to use the ammo. Didn’t have any issues. I used two US palm mags and a Bulgarian mag. All fed great. I was surprised at how light the recoil was. All the other AK’s I’ve had weren’t that smooth shooting. I absolutely love the ALG trigger. It made a big difference. I was able to do double taps with ease. I’m very pleased with this rifle. I didn’t do any precision shooting. I’ll do that sometime soon.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice rifle Fred but I'd like to suggest buying some more ammo. The import ban clouds are gathering on the horizon...
I hear ya. Hopefully some US manufacturers will start producing more 7.62 since rifles are being made here now and are flying off shelves. I plan to get more. Sadly there are some very dark clouds coming in.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear ya. Hopefully some US manufacturers will start producing more 7.62 since rifles are being made here now and are flying off shelves. I plan to get more. Sadly there are some very dark clouds coming in.
Just stick with Wolf Polyformance. Its the best youre going to get for the buck. If domestic manufacturers start making more 762x39, it will likely be brass cased and be in the $600-700 mark (or more)

Wolf Military Classic is the most consistent performer, velocity wise, with Wolf Polyformance being a close second

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just stick with Wolf Polyformance. Its the best youre going to get for the buck. If domestic manufacturers start making more 762x39, it will likely be brass cased and be in the $600-700 mark (or more)

Wolf Military Classic is the most consistent performer, velocity wise, with Wolf Polyformance being a close second
This is the 2,000 that i just got. Wolf poly. I was looking at the cases and on the bottoms it says Tula. I didn’t know Tula made wolf but apparently they do. I have always had good luck with Tula anyway. Your right about brass. It will be out of hand expensive.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the 2,000 that i just got. Wolf poly. I was looking at the cases and on the bottoms it says Tula. I didn’t know Tula made wolf but apparently they do. I have always had good luck with Tula anyway. Your right about brass. It will be out of hand expensive.
Yeah, wolf is made at the same plant but the Wolf gets cleaner powder. Cleaner than Tula brand anyway. You could say that TulAmmo is the bargain basement line and Wolf is a step up in consistency. I used TulAmmo 164gr SPs for hog hunting for a number of years and never had a complaint besides the filthy rifle. Seems like just one or two rounds would get it as filthy as a whole magazine or ten.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, wolf is made at the same plant but the Wolf gets cleaner powder. Cleaner than Tula brand anyway. You could say that TulAmmo is the bargain basement line and Wolf is a step up in consistency. I used TulAmmo 164gr SPs for hog hunting for a number of years and never had a complaint besides the filthy rifle. Seems like just one or two rounds would get it as filthy as a whole magazine or ten.
Golden tiger is some good ammo and you can usually find that at SGAMMO. The price hadn’t got stupid last time I looked

Latest posts

Top Bottom