PSA iOS 18 Update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a lot of us spend time in some remote places outdoors. This could be a lifesaver!

If you update to iOS 18 on an iPhone 14 or later model you can text via satellite if you have no service. You can also send an emergency SOS.

I updated, did the demo and it works. Just had a friend that was climbing in CO and ran out of energy and oxygen at 10,000’ elevation. He couldn’t make the climb back over the mountain at 12,000’ elevation.

Had to go down the mountain on the backside some 40 miles from his vehicle. He was able to text his wife with his location, condition and plan.

Got down the mountain and home safe but what if something had happened? He might not have been located, ever.

Go to Settings - Software Update and scroll down for the option to download and install iOS 18.

Just passing it along! Have a blessed day!

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The newer android phones have the ability after an update last month, but it's only the Pixel line up for now I think. I suspect that Android 15, which will hit this month, will bring it to other devices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom