PSA PA10 Gen 3 - 308

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogSon

Marksman
Reaction score
Does anyone own or have any experience shooting and maintaining the PSA PA10 Gen 3 in 308? The only 30 caliber I've ever owned and shot is 300 blackout so I have no experience with larger bore rifle calibers. I've already watched countless YouTube videos and have been contemplating purchasing one, a PA10 lower then pairing with blemished PA10 Gen 3 18" 308 upper for maximum poorman. If not then what other "entry level" semiauto 308 do yall own or have experience with? If no entry level then whichever semiauto 308. Thanks in advance!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one. I paired a Gen 3 lower with a trigger upgrade with a blem Sabre 20" upper for sort of the same reasons...mostly $$. Matches great.

I've only fired a mag for function and it didn't have any issues. I put a lower-mid range Sig scope on it and a MagPul bipod. I just don't have anywhere yet to get any distance so I haven't even zeroed the scope. The chamber seems to be really tight. I tried ejecting a round and it took some effort...it was noticeably easier after shooting that mag and cleaning it though. It wasn't tight enough to cause any function issues.

Years ago I had a DPMS and it worked well...but I didn't really work it hard. It was just a recreational shooter just like the PSA will be so it'll work just fine for me.

1722912645826.jpeg

RogSon

Marksman
Reaction score
I have one. I paired a Gen 3 lower with a trigger upgrade with a blem Sabre 20" upper for sort of the same reasons...mostly $$. Matches great.

I've only fired a mag for function and it didn't have any issues. I put a lower-mid range Sig scope on it and a MagPul bipod. I just don't have anywhere yet to get any distance so I haven't even zeroed the scope. The chamber seems to be really tight. I tried ejecting a round and it took some effort...it was noticeably easier after shooting that mag and cleaning it though. It wasn't tight enough to cause any function issues.

Years ago I had a DPMS and it worked well...but I didn't really work it hard. It was just a recreational shooter just like the PSA will be so it'll work just fine for me.

View attachment 500065
I love the look that quad rail adds, I was also considering the Sabre in 6.5 Creedmoor but went to the 308 just due to being "tried and true" and ammo availability. I'm just looking to get a viable, budget 308. Thank you for sharing your experience!

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got one. Gen II I think. Decent Vortex on it. I've run it out to 900 with 168 FGMM. 175s should be better, but won't group worth a darn in mine.

RogSon

Marksman
Reaction score
I've got one. Gen II I think. Decent Vortex on it. I've run it out to 900 with 168 FGMM. 175s should be better, but won't group worth a darn in mine.
I see, the videos I've watched did group better with >150 grain loads as well. With certain manufacturers doing better than others but I can't quite remember.... thanks for the info though!!

RogSon

Marksman
Reaction score
I’ve held a few and shot a couple. My only gripe, they’re heavy. Maybe I’m just used to 5.56 and 6.5Grendel AR-15’s. I’m wanting one, but I’m waiting on Ruger or someone else to work out the kinks in the SFAR.
Yeah I keep hearing that they're heavy as well. Good thing I'm not planning on using it to run and gun. I'll probably end up throwing a sling on it if I ever take it out hunting. My 300 blackout with 16" chrome lined barrel and a few 40 round mags are plenty heavy for me to lug around already. Thank you for sharing!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve held a few and shot a couple. My only gripe, they’re heavy. Maybe I’m just used to 5.56 and 6.5Grendel AR-15’s. I’m wanting one, but I’m waiting on Ruger or someone else to work out the kinks in the SFAR.

Yeah...it's a heavy beast for sure.

wolfkpr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive had 2 of the gen 3 pa-10’s. Both ran good, both were 1.5 moa or better. As to heavy- they were right at 8 lb without an optic. This is pretty typical for ar-10 types, and lighter than M1A, Fal, hk91, etc. i only parted with the Pa-10 to get Ruger SFAR, which is a pound lighter..

RogSon

Marksman
Reaction score
Ive had 2 of the gen 3 pa-10’s. Both ran good, both were 1.5 moa or better. As to heavy- they were right at 8 lb without an optic. This is pretty typical for ar-10 types, and lighter than M1A, Fal, hk91, etc. i only parted with the Pa-10 to get Ruger SFAR, which is a pound lighter..
That's good to know! I'm not planning on running and gunning with it so I think it'll be manageable. Thank you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom