Purchase from FFL without background check.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Am currently re-routing my family trip out to Cali this summer and just saw that Wyoming does not require a background check for a firearms purchase from an FFL if you are a valid CCL holder. That's what I'm talking about. Walk in, show your license, pay your bill and walk out with hardware.

That is not true. I am currently working in Wyoming and and have bought a couple of of guns here. I have a CCL and they could care less.

Roadkill Coyote

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, OSU_Chris

The Wyoming DCI's website says,

"The Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms has determined that Wyoming permits satisfy the requirements of federal law, in lieu of the purchaser having to undergo the instant check process for a firearms purchase."
The fact that Wyoming recognizes an Oklahoma permit, does not mean that it is considered a "Wyoming Permit". Call an FFL up there and ask before you change your itinerary.

Second, saltydecimator

Handguns are supposed to be neighbors. Not because if any law but because FBI won't do bg check

If by neighbors you mean neighboring states, not so much. Check the second question on the ATF's FAQ.

OSU_Chris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, OSU_Chris

The Wyoming DCI's website says,

The fact that Wyoming recognizes an Oklahoma permit, does not mean that it is considered a "Wyoming Permit". Call an FFL up there and ask before you change your itinerary.

Second, saltydecimator

If by neighbors you mean neighboring states, not so much. Check the second question on the ATF's FAQ.

What exactly are you talking about. I never said an Oklahoma permit was equivalent to a Wyoming permit. My only comment was that being able, as a Wyoming resident with a CCL, to purchase a firearm without an addition background check is a good thing.

OSU_Chris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is not true. I am currently working in Wyoming and and have bought a couple of of guns here. I have a CCL and they could care less.

Regardless of your experience, how can you say it isn't true when I posted the link directly from the stat website say as such?

Wyoming DCI website:
14. Does my Wyoming permit allow me to purchase a firearm from a federal firearms licensee, without having to obtain a federal background check?

Yes. The Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms has determined that Wyoming permits satisfy the requirements of federal law, in lieu of the purchaser having to undergo the instant check process for a firearms purchase.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Regardless of your experience, how can you say it isn't true when I posted the link directly from the stat website say as such?

Wyoming DCI website:
14. Does my Wyoming permit allow me to purchase a firearm from a federal firearms licensee, without having to obtain a federal background check?

Yes. The Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms has determined that Wyoming permits satisfy the requirements of federal law, in lieu of the purchaser having to undergo the instant check process for a firearms purchase.
Are you from Wyoming? Your OP reads as if you're from another state.

Latest posts

Top Bottom