Purposing a pistol season along with muzzle loading season.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no need for a separate pistol season. Use your pistol during the regular gun season you have 16 days.

Imagine this......9 more days with a pistol!!

That would mean 25 days with a firearm.

More days available is a good thing. Keep the limits the same, but add more opportunity.

Also, for you all sying Oklahoma has great regulations..... I agree, but why not make it better! Texas has many more days available with a firearm. It is also split up by county, not by zones defined by highways and counties...I've never figured that one out!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Imagine this......9 more days with a pistol!!

That would mean 25 days with a firearm.

More days available is a good thing. Keep the limits the same, but add more opportunity.

Also, for you all sying Oklahoma has great regulations..... I agree, but why not make it better! Texas has many more days available with a firearm. It is also split up by county, not by zones defined by highways and counties...I've never figured that one out!

I can imagine but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There are alot of people for this Pistol season so I'm going to start writing a purposal to present to the DoW.

I'd be in for a handgun season, but would also like to see the BP season changed to a "Traditional Season". I mean really, if your going to be shooting an inline with powder pellets, sabots, and a scope, you might as well be using a cartridge rifle. JMHO.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be in for a handgun season, but would also like to see the BP season changed to a "Traditional Season". I mean really, if your going to be shooting an inline with powder pellets, sabots, and a scope, you might as well be using a cartridge rifle. JMHO.

Still gotta load them one round at a time from the muzzle.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still gotta load them one round at a time from the muzzle.

Thank you very much! I don't thing the challenge is all on how accurate the rifle is, but how many shots and how you have to load it. Although when I do kill deer with my Encore, I often think, this is cheating! LOL

As far as the Pistol season goes, I don't see where the problem is with using it during Rifle season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom