Put trailer on a frame jig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well my time is all mine as I am self employed and I fix things that are broke.
Seldom do I ever send something out or have someone do something for me.

But I do see where the working man will be money ahead by farming out the work.
I see it as if you have time to sit in front of a TV then you have time to fix something busted.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well my time is all mine as I am self employed and I fix things that are broke.
Seldom do I ever send something out or have someone do something for me.

But I do see where the working man will be money ahead by farming out the work.
I see it as if you have time to sit in front of a TV then you have time to fix something busted.
My dad is the same way, but he's old and retired and has nothing better to do. The problem comes when we have to get something done now; he'll keep fiddle-farting around with a busted part, and I'll just go to Tractor Supply and spend the $20 so I can get the damn hay cut so I can get it baled before the rain.

I do have my share of "chain the heavy thing to another heavy thing and yank on it with a tractor" stories, though. Sometimes that's the only way you can get some things done...

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pay 500 to have a frame straightened or get the tractor.
He may not charge that for a trailer though but I have had friends many many years ago get quoted 500-800 for their vehicle frames.
I drove an 82 mustang most of the time back then and I welded a very strong hitch to that car and I pulled the frames back to functional with it on a few Ford trucks.
I worked over a 2002 Ford Taurus a last year with my Dodge truck. It crashed hard enough to shove the top of the strut over and make the belts eat into the coolant over flow.
Probably took 45 minutes to pull it back to functional.
Then off to Pull-a-Part for fender, hood, headlight and coolant overflow.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Frame shop in Ponca can handle it. My truck got rear ended in an accident several years ago and they got it right back in place. Didn't even have to get the wheels aligned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom