Quail egg peeler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Except for the fly's and poop.
Waters during winter was kinda a PITA with my quail. Small amounts of water freeze so fast.

I did cotournix quail for several years. We enjoyed them. The kids really liked eating the little whole birds. But I shifted gears and and got rid of them. Still have a cage though. Might get more someday

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More quail eggs. Had 3 tear through out of about 17 dozen.
IMG_20241006_205415721.jpg
IMG_20241006_205411177.jpg
IMG_20241006_205427224.jpg

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good! We had some hatch over the weekend so hope we can get some in the freezer next weekend maybe. Big jealous over your setup.
I've got some that need to go to freezer camp. I've got a few partridge chuckars that will probably join them. I've decided they just aren't productive enough. They don't lay year round like the coturnix do.

Reaction score
I've got some that need to go to freezer camp. I've got a few partridge chuckars that will probably join them. I've decided they just aren't productive enough. They don't lay year round like the coturnix do.
I’m new to all this. Thought I had coturnix but a bunch of them are completely different colored. I’ll keep feeding and incubating and see what happens I guess.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m new to all this. Thought I had coturnix but a bunch of them are completely different colored. I’ll keep feeding and incubating and see what happens I guess.
Probably some variations. Some are not feather sexable. You may have to vent sex them when mature. Plenty of how to on YouTube.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend in Ponca is getting into the Quail egg business. Haven't seen his operation but the egg shell peeler is working great for him.
My only experience with eating them pickled is Cajun from the Henderson Swamp in Louisiana when we were there a while back. Got one bottle down, and getting ready to open the second.

Latest posts

Top Bottom