Question for the experts and MDs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know we have a few here with medical backgrounds or experience.
What is the cure for Eczema? I read on some web MD site that its caused from an overactive immune system? I thought a strong immune system was a good thing, now I have this itchy skin rash on my chest and it is driving me nuts. I have been putting lotion on it and that seems to turn down the itch level quite a bit for a couple hours but I wanna know if anyonne has some good home remedy or if there is an over the counter product I should try.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I developed it back in the '90's and dealt with it for a long time. When it got real bad, I'd have to go get a shot, which was a bummer. I'd go in with a red rash and itching on my chest and after the shot, I'd be red AND itching all over. Thankfully, over time it has diminished a lot, but I still "doctor" it with Vasoline Intensive Care lotion and/or Cetaphil. To some degree, the Cetaphil seems to work a bit better. With it, I use the cream in the tubs instead of the lotion in a plastic pump bottle.

Wife and I both use the Cetaphil and buy it at Sam's were we can get a large tub and a small tub in the same package.

Cetaphil.jpg

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may be thinking of psoriasis, which is related to the immune system. Eczema is just a dermatitis that can be treated with antihistamines, steroid cream, lotion, & avoidance of triggers. I’d ask your MD to get a correct diagnosis. Maybe do a video chat & they can advise & call in a script. I dont know jack about dermatology, so I’d call an MD

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You may be thinking of psoriasis, which is related to the immune system. Eczema is just a dermatitis that can be treated with antihistamines, steroid cream, lotion, & avoidance of triggers. I’d ask your MD to get a correct diagnosis. Maybe do a video chat & they can advise & call in a script. I dont know jack about dermatology, so I’d call an MD
So I can just take an allergy pill? I am using lotion and it maybe getting a bit better. As far as triggers, I dont know what those are other than, as mentioned above, lack of warm weather. This seems to happen every winter. So thankfully spring is on the horizon finally. It seems to be related to the lack of humidity? I work at home and keep a large pot of water on a burner all day and I bet I steam 2-3 gallons of water into the house all day and that keeps the inside humidity up to 50% or so but still, this just came on last week.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I can just take an allergy pill? I am using lotion and it maybe getting a bit better. As far as triggers, I dont know what those are other than, as mentioned above, lack of warm weather. This seems to happen every winter. So thankfully spring is on the horizon finally. It seems to be related to the lack of humidity? I work at home and keep a large pot of water on a burner all day and I bet I steam 2-3 gallons of water into the house all day and that keeps the inside humidity up to 50% or so but still, this just came on last week.

If you don’t put the lotion on your skin do you get the hose again?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom