Questions about a gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine has this rifle. All numbers match,bolt has been blued, small 'n' on the side of the receiver is all i can find. There is a '79' on the top of the bolt and a '96' and what looks like a '73' or '7z' on either side of the safety lever.There is nothing on the tang. Is this commercially refurbed gun?
thanks in advance

cz_partizan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely a wz29, possibly refurbished by the Poles and probably by the Spanish post-civil war. The "79" and "96" are evidence of that, both are parts from different rifles. Most parts were numbered to the rifles, with small parts, like those on the bolt, have just the last two digits of the serial number. If a small part was worn or damaged, armories would take good parts from broken/heavily damaged rifles to replace said part.

You don't happen to see a "flaming bomb" cartouche on the buttstock do you?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
thanks, you guys are the reason i ask here first. the blued bolt is what threw me off as well as the lack of markings. no flaming bomb on the stock. so, value wise, what are we looking at?

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think at least $400 for an SCW WZ 29. I'm not a Mauser guy so my knowledge is limited, but I think that the original 29's that didn't undergo the scrubbing/ sanitizing are fairly valuable. Even the SCW's aren't exactly a common rifle.

Last edited:

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think at least $400 for an SCW WZ 29. I'm not a Mauser guy so my knowledge is limited, but I think that the original 29's that didn't undergo the scrubbing/ sanitizing a fairly valuable. Even the SCW's aren't exactly a common rifle.

That's about right. I would think around 350 tops as mismatched as it is. Btw thats not an n but a z on the receiver. Polish proof similar to cz.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my spanish refurbed wz. I gave 300 for it about a year ago.

Attachments

• parts 377.jpg
    parts 377.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 200
  • parts 380.jpg
    parts 380.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 159

Latest posts

Top Bottom