Quick stop at bdc with my 1911 and Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep!! Win or lose it will be a GREAT time! I think if I beat you Joel should have to buy drinks ... and if you beat me Joel should have to buy drinks ... how's THAT for a bet?? ;)

Dang...I gotta sit down and think on this one some; sumpin' just don't seem right...:scratch:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you're right druryj. That's just not fair! How about this? If I win, you buy me two drinks and I'll buy Annie a drink. If Annie wins, you buy Annie two drinks and she can buy me a drink?
Perfect.:drunk5:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going this afternoon to get started. Just spent an hour with the trainer at the gym working out a plan to get the rest of this weight off and get some strength and endurance back. I can barely walk a mile now, where 90 days ago I could do 5-6 miles easily.

It is astounding what a surgery like this takes out of you physically. But I'm getting better every day. I did actually have a headache this morning when I got up but a couple of aspirin took care of it in short order. That's a vast improvement over the handful of **** I used to take, which was only minimally effective -- and every bit of it was addictive. If I had had a genetic propensity for addiction I would probably be in rehab going through withdrawal right now. I thank God every day that I didn't wind up with that burden to carry.
Being a very competitive sort, I suggest you lock up your guns until the shoot. On the day of, if you have any meds, take a few (I'll pick you up). Might even schedule a dentist appointment just prior to the event.
Not that I'm wanting an edge, hell I need 20 yard head start in a 10 yard race if I plan on not embarrassing my self any more than I did when i shot against druryj

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lmao! You guys KILL me!!

So I went to Henry's with my trusty Buckmark today and here is what I learned:

1. You guys who have seen me shoot know that the cant of my grip was insane. More than 45 degrees to the left. It's been that way for years. It fact it's been quite the joke for some time. It's FIXED. I hold my gun like a normal person!! No more flyers! Lol I am SO HAPPY!

2. After 4 mags (3 shots into my 5th) my arms just gave out. I couldn't raise my arms parallel to the ground, so I called it a day. To be fair, I had been to PT right before so those muscles were kinda pooped anywAy.

3. My groups were larger than know wanted, and I'm not fast by any stretch of the imagination, but I still have it. HAha!!

I had no idea how much I had missed shooting! It will take a while to build those muscles up, and for the bone to fill in between the vertebrae but I'm pretty motivated to get it done. I think, if things go the way I hope, I'll be shooting 9mm in 90 days and anything I want in 120. I am a happy camper!!

Thank all of you for you're kind words and support. If I can ever return the kindness, all you have to do is ask.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait.,.......your arms are too weak to hold up a gun? This might be my only hope.:hyper:
Glad your back.

Oh honey! It's a temporary situation at best. I hired a personal trainer at the gym this morning, got my PT schedule this afternoon and am on yet ANOTHER round of prednisone ... I don't think I'll be able to keep up for a while but if you guys dilly-dick around I'll sure be game. Lol

Excuse me while I go dry fire!! Lol:drunk::woohoo1::thumbup3:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you're right druryj. That's just not fair! How about this? If I win, you buy me two drinks and I'll buy Annie a drink. If Annie wins, you buy Annie two drinks and she can buy me a drink?
Perfect.:drunk5:

Wait just a cotton pickin' minute now...we forget that others may be there too who want to try their hand. So: winner gets a drink from everybody who lost ...(me).
Person in 2nd place gets a drink bought by the one ones who are below him/her; and so on down the score sheet until we get to "lonely last", who has bought everyone drinks and now has to sit, forlorn and oh-so -thirsty, and watch the others drinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk