Quoteable quotes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KilkennyArms

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so."

--Reagan

“I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”

― Benjamin Franklin

To know the truth,
You must have a love for the truth,
and be willing to live in the light of the truth,
No matter the cost to yourself.

--Unknown

I am the Way the Truth and Life no man comes to the Father but by me.

--Jesus Christ

rhobbs

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
cool.....

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword, the other is by debt."--John Adams

The Economist magazine: “Banks and their governments are propping each other up like Friday night drunks.”

He who casts a vote decides nothing. He who counts the vote decides everything. - Joseph Stalin

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money. — Alexis De Tocqueville

Frank Borman- NASA astronaut: “Capitalism without bankruptcy is like Christianity without hell.”

Ludwig von Mises pointed out long ago: "There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved."

G.K. Chesterton said, "It is not that they can't see the solution. It is that they cannot see the problem".

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.” ― Alexis de Tocqueville

:screwy: :withstupi :urwelcome:

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword, the other is by debt."--John Adams

The Economist magazine: “Banks and their governments are propping each other up like Friday night drunks.”

He who casts a vote decides nothing. He who counts the vote decides everything. - Joseph Stalin

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money. — Alexis De Tocqueville

Frank Borman- NASA astronaut: “Capitalism without bankruptcy is like Christianity without hell.”

Ludwig von Mises pointed out long ago: "There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved."

G.K. Chesterton said, "It is not that they can't see the solution. It is that they cannot see the problem".

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.” ― Alexis de Tocqueville

:screwy: :withstupi :urwelcome:
The de Tocqueville quotes are fabricated.

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.
- Chief Dan George as Lone Watie

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.
- GK Chesterton

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities."
- Voltaire

Aristotle said that some people were only fit to be slaves, but I reject slavery because I see no men fit to be masters.
-C S Lewis

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out
because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out
because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out
because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

-pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984)

"Those who ‘abjure’ violence can only do so because others are committing violence on their behalf"
- George Orwell

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act which deprived a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Latest posts

Top Bottom