Ranchers, farmers brace for 'death tax' impact

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they are going to raise taxes they should do it fairly. They can start by restoring the 20 percent excise tax on motion picture theater gross revenues that existed between the end of World War II and its repeal in the mid-1950s. If they really want to raise funds how about capping the mortgage interest deduction so that houses worth more than $250,000 are ineligible.

OliverKlohzoff

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know this is hard for you lefties to understand but good freakin' god ! ............... How about spending only what you take in? No more credit cards on the backs of the American people. The Gov't grows like a cancer every single year. At this point the cancer is terminal and I don't think there is anything the nitwits in Washington DC can or will do about it.

The whole concept of a "death tax" on property/goods that have already been taxed is so unfair, so ridiculous, just completely unfair. 1 million $'s in total wealth really isn't that much these days when you look at a lifetime of achievements, wealth and savings. To take anything whatsoever in a "death tax' is outrageous.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like it's all about me paying more money than I have and eventually kicking me out into the street, taking my property and making me homeless. The cost of living and taxes go up but my retirement check never increases.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wait...farmers are going to really be taxed.

Right now Congressmen and Senators(well some are) are fighting taxes the EPA wants to impose on farmers.

1. Dust Tax...fugitive dust stirred up from farming. Key words: Fugitive dust.

There are others, let's see what plays on the future of farmers.

Cohiba

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Fair Share" is in full effect....if you have something shiny and nice expect to give up a piece of it so that someone else can have shiny and nice. It's the new normal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom