Ranchers, farmers brace for 'death tax' impact

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SIckens me. This just ensures that more people will spend more time and effort determining ways around the taxes. It is a shame though because it really changes the historical lineage of land investments in the US. Rather than passing property down from generation to generation people will simply diversify, roll land into trusts, IRA's etc. Changes the face of our national heritage for the worse if you ask me.

I agree 100%. I work land for a living and can tell you that almost ALL "family farms" are incorporated these days and the officers of these corporations almost always have their personal property and income inside of a trust. Can't really blame them though, when you get into western Oklahoma, ALL of Texas, most of Colorado and ALL of Kansas, Montana, Wyoming, Illinois and Indiana the land valuations are just insane. Farm land has long been priced at a point that you just can't go buy some and start a farm, you'll never get payback unless you can pay cash for it. And sadly the .gov is doing their best to make sure that nobody will ever have that ability again.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2111871/posts

The Communist Manifesto has 10 points or 10 planks in it's plan. Here are some that sound familiar:

1. Abolition of private property and the application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all right of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.(?) --(No. 4 now seems to be being applied in reverse. Instead of the confiscation of property of all emigrants/illegals, the .gov is showering them with food stamps, free phones, drivers licenses, voter cards, etc.----all of which is to buy votes for the lib candidates.) Only US citizens are having things confiscated(see planks 1, 2 & 3)

Another link to the Communist Manifesto:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Communist_Manifesto

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://washingtonexaminer.com/632281-family-farms-threatened-by-new-death-tax/article/2515658#.UMemWHJT2Kx
526,421 family farms threatened by new death tax
Paul Bedard
The Washington Examiner
December 11, 2012 | 4:03 pm | Modified: December 11, 2012 at 4:05 pm

..."Farm values are largely tied up in non-liquid assets like land, buildings, and livestock."....."Up to 24 percent of America's farm and ranch families could be forced to hand over a large chunk of their heritage to the Internal Revenue Service when a family member dies. This would economically devastate rural communities."...

Latest posts

Top Bottom