Ranges near Norman that allow 18 year olds to shoot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone with a firearm on the WMA needs a Hunting License.

You are correct. THis is from the 2010 regulations:

All persons using shooting ranges must posses a valid hunting or combination license, unless otherwise exempt.

Exemptions for the hunter safety course are as follows:

over 36 years old
Honorably discharged from service
currently in the service, active duty, guard, reserve

I have another idea also. You could technically buy an apprentice license that would only allow you to hunt with someone that does have a hunter safety card. You technically wouldnt be hunting and you would have a license so you should be able to use the gun range. I think that they want people to have a lic. so that they are contributing to the WMA. You infact would be doing your part. Its kinda iffy and I would try to get a regular lic, but it is an option. You could call the game warden for the area. He would ultimately be the final say

Here is his contact info

CLEVELAND – District 5
**Tony Woodruff, Lexington .................(405) 850-9757

Give him a call, Im sure he gets asked quite a bit. If he is the guy that I have run into a few times then he is a stand up guy and friendly.

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I shoot all the time at a WMA shooting range without a hunting liscense. If someone didn't read the regulations book they would never know you were supposed to have one either, it's not posted anywhere at either one I go to.

In fact, i'm about to leave for one just as soon as the sun comes out.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot all the time at a WMA shooting range without a hunting liscense. If someone didn't read the regulations book they would never know you were supposed to have one either, it's not posted anywhere at either one I go to.

I don't recommend using this method if you value your firearms.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It's posted on the rules at Lexington, and they'll give you a $250 ticket, too.

Ask me how I found out.
:police2:

don wiggins

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
TMLoftis, I guess I misunderstood the title of your post. I was thinking you were probably looking for something indoors. Lexington is all outdoors. Don't know if that's what you had in mind or not.
Don

GLKSHOOTER

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tri City Gun Club is hosting a Hunter Education Clinic March 27, 2010 from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM. You will need to register by calling: 521-4636 (Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation).

Latest posts

Top Bottom