RANT: Co-Workers...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know what I am getting sick of? Co-workers who like to pretend like they do a lot, but in reality spend more time flapping their jaw than doing actual work. You know who I am talking about, the people who the only thing they are good at is making others believe they are hard workers... People who have what appears to be an infinite supply of vacation days by means of "calling in sick". The guy that comes in a hour or more late, takes a 2 hour lunch, leaves an hour early and talks in between. People who are always the victim. From department to department, its always someone else that made them leave, someone else taking the kudos... Then to top it all off, they take some insignificant task that they have been told is insignificant and try to burden you with it only to get pissy and cry like a baby when you follow your own priorities.

Another thing that frustrates me is when my boss is always handing me work, work that the people above could be doing. And when I ask him about it, Im told "If I want it done and within a reasonable amount of time, I have no other choice." At first,... I take it as a compliment, but then I start thinking,... "why in the hell dont you give it to so-and-so and tell them to have it done by xyz or its their arse..."

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know what I am getting sick of? Co-workers who like to pretend like they do a lot, but in reality spend more time flapping their jaw than doing actual work. You know who I am talking about, the people who the only thing they are good at is making others believe they are hard workers... People who have what appears to be an infinite supply of vacation days by means of "calling in sick". The guy that comes in a hour or more late, takes a 2 hour lunch, leaves an hour early and talks in between. People who are always the victim. From department to department, its always someone else that made them leave, someone else taking the kudos... Then to top it all off, they take some insignificant task that they have been told is insignificant and try to burden you with it only to get pissy and cry like a baby when you follow your own priorities.

Another thing that frustrates me is when my boss is always handing me work, work that the people above could be doing. And when I ask him about it, Im told "If I want it done and within a reasonable amount of time, I have no other choice." At first,... I take it as a compliment, but then I start thinking,... "why in the hell dont you give it to so-and-so and tell them to have it done by xyz or its their arse..."

If you don't get back to work, I'm calling your boss!:bighug:

Michael Brown

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Word.

Yacking yackitty yackers, always flapping their jibs.

Tell them if they don't quit their yammering and shut those pieholes, you'll give 'em one to the hip!

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How can this be Whitey? Don't all Americans take pride in their work?

All jokes aside, I feel for you. This was one of the main reasons I retired from the Marines at 21 years. When it was time for staff billets those who worked hard and produced quality work got the shaft by always being dumped on. Short fuse taskers, high visibility projects, and the likes. Situations like yours don't stop until you drop one of the 8 balls your juggling but people that work their butts off don't drop balls. Right?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know what they say. 95% of job retention is just showing up. Been there, done it, got the t-shirt. I've since changed careers.

One of the things I really love about what I do now is that you have to be on your toes and pay attention. Incompetence doesn't work for very long at all in my field and competence is rewarded. Most people look at me like I have two heads when I tell them that I really like the difficult stuff. As an added benefit, being able to do it sure comes in handy. I can pretty much go where I want to work. I know that I'm blessed and try not to take advantage of it, it's one of the few fields this still happens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom