Recommended dog bark stopper deterrent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wanted to put this out there for someone with noisy neighbor dogs. My daughter has a couple of great danes behind her house that bark constantly. I took two of these things out there and turned them around so they beeped through the fence holes in her privacy fence into the neighbor's yard. Overnight those big woofers turned into just growlers, then into quiet little happy babies. They don't care if their dogs bark all night. Some people are like that I guess. At least now the neighborhood can get some rest.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CBB4H961?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
I think Amazon links get turned into referral links for OKShooters too so if you pick up a couple you'll help the site.

One bad side to the whole thing, the batteries go dead inside of about 3 weeks or so when set on level 3. Stock up on 9 volts.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha! I feel ya! Those people with the tree?? Yeah ... They have NEVER EVER tried to stop their dogs from barking. Jesus what a couple of idiots ... "They were just protecting us" 🙄🙄🙄🙄

They had a medium sized mutt that used to grab their ****-zu's tail and shake as hard as he could. I TOLD them that dog was gonna kill the ****-zu if they didn't put a stop to it. (NONE of the body language from either of those dogs was anything but aggression from the bigger dog and fear from the smaller one). Sure enough, a few weeks later I asked about the smaller one cuz I hadn't heard it barking in some time. "Oh Bubba accidentally broke Joe's back and we had to have him put to sleep." I swear I have never met 2 more stupid people in my life ... 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haha! I feel ya! Those people with the tree?? Yeah ... They have NEVER EVER tried to stop their dogs from barking. Jesus what a couple of idiots ... "They were just protecting us" 🙄🙄🙄🙄

They had a medium sized mutt that used to grab their ****-zu's tail and shake as hard as he could. I TOLD them that dog was gonna kill the ****-zu if they didn't put a stop to it. (NONE of the body language from either of those dogs was anything but aggression from the bigger dog and fear from the smaller one). Sure enough, a few weeks later I asked about the smaller one cuz I hadn't heard it barking in some time. "Oh Bubba accidentally broke Joe's back and we had to have him put to sleep." I swear I have never met 2 more stupid people in my life ... 🙄🙄🙄🙄
some people don't deserve what they got!

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I got one but my dog ignores it. I did get a collar that has 3 buttons on the remote. 1 makes a sound which he ignores. 1 vibrates which works great. Haven't had to use the shock button yet and hope the vibrate is enough. All I have to do now is pick up the remote even when he's not wearing the collar.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago, when I lived in town, a dog across the alley would not stop barking. Finally about 2 A.M. I called the owner and asked if he wanted to sell his dog, he said why, I said so I so I could kill the dog. He said not MY dog, I said no if I bought it it woud be my dog. He let the dog in the house and I never heard him again.

Ahall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Knew a fellow who had bird dogs that yapped at night.
He set up a light in near the pen, connected to a switch by his bed.
They yapped, he turned on the light and hosed them down with the garden hose until they shut up.

Soon they learned to shut up when the door opened, but that was not good enough and a bit of additional drenching was needed.

After a few more evenings the yapping stopped as soon as the light came on.

Regarding the shock collars, my brother in law had one of the invisible fences and would take the collar off when he took the dog for a walk. He left it hanging in a tree and forgot about it, until he was mowing the lawn. Grabbed and put it in his lap, then drove the mower over the dog fence. I understand it created some interesting patterns in the yard........

Latest posts

Top Bottom