Need GOOD Homes for a couple of GOOD dogs, PDQ!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey OSA, I need to find homes for a couple of really good dogs, that are just not fitting at my house. I have a male and a female pit bulls, that are great dogs, and I really really hate to lose them, but I have to do it.

They are great with kids, were raised around my 4 grandkids, the oldest grandkid is 3, so you know they are careful around little kids. They are not aggressive with people at all, but do bark at other dogs, but have not seen them be aggressive with them. The male does show alpha tendencies, so he would need some socialization with other large dogs, but I really think he would be fine. Until recently, they shared the yard with my 17 year old Golden Retriever with no issues.

They are littermates, the female has been spayed, at her last vet check, she weighed around 75 pounds. The male is a little larger, I have not had him weighed recently, I would estimate him around 100+ pounds. They have not had their shots yet this year, but for the right home, I will pay for them for the new owners. Neither have had their ears cut, I think that is cruel and does not serve a purpose since they would never be encouraged to fight.

They are great LOVING dogs, but I have a 4' chain link fence, and have had to keep them on chains, which I HATE!! I travel for work quite a bit, and occasionally they get loose from their chains, and take off for a run. They need a privacy fenced yard, or a place that they can run and play. They love to play with people, and act just like big puppies. They are between 1 1/2 and 2 years old. Great personalities!

I would really like to keep them, but cannot do a privacy fence right now, and cannot expect my wife to deal with this while I am gone. If I cannot find a home quickly, I will have to have to take them to the pound, and I know the outcome of that. I will NOT absolutely NOT let these dogs go to anyone that I think has the mentality to fight them, or will not take care of them. If it comes to that, I will take them to the pound first, they are too good of a dog to let them go somewhere they will be mistreated. I am posting this in GD for greater exposure.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Post pics of them for us.

I am out of town right now, and don't have current ones, here is a couple of when they were around 6 months old. For reference, my daughter is 5'10" that is on the couch with them.

i514.photobucket.com_albums_t346_gillman7_Picture075.jpg

i514.photobucket.com_albums_t346_gillman7_PupsandMandie2_28_10.jpg

Playing in the snow with my granddaughter at 2 1/2 months old. Unfortunately, the fence in the pic, is the only side of my yard that is privacy fenced, the other 3 are chain link. They can clear it on a run, without climbing.

i514.photobucket.com_albums_t346_gillman7_PupsandAudieinSnow12_28_09.jpg

i514.photobucket.com_albums_t346_gillman7_PupsintheSnow12_28.jpg

At about 4 months old, you can still see their puppy teeth in this picture, so you know they are still little. They have filled out, the male's chest is pretty big, he has about a 21"-22" neck.

i514.photobucket.com_albums_t346_gillman7_Picture068_1.jpg

The male is brown and white, named Ozzie, the female is brindle, named Sammie. She LOVES people and attention. She was my wife's and is a great dog for her. I would love for someone to be able to take them both, but realize that probably won't happen, :(

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bump for Gillman ... What a couple of cuties! I would if I could but I have Duke the Boxer and JJ the GSD, so GC gave me "the look" when I just casually mentioned you had these two ... Man I wish we were out in the country already ... **sigh**

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The brindle one looks awesome.

She is very affectionate, and loves people. When we picked them up, we went to pick up the male, and she was the one that was smaller than the rest, and kept to herself. My wife saw her and fell in love, and she is definitely my wife's dog. Believe it or not, she is very good in the house, when we spayed her, we kept her in the house for 2 weeks, and had no accidents. She will make you pet her, and does not want to leave you in the room alone.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to all of those that have emailed and are trying to help out, but as of now, they are still available. If anyone knows someone that would be a good fit for these dogs, let me know. I really don't want to make that trip to the pound. Any adoption organizations that anyone knows of that would be able to help?

Latest posts

Top Bottom