Record seismic activity rocks oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Water well windmills or electrical generating windmills?

I realize the geology and geophysics are different, but why aren't Texas and New Mexico experiencing a monster increase in earthquakes?
There are a whole lot more wells being drilled at different depths and the fracturing operations are bigger, the water (waste from fracing and well produced) is probably a high multiple of that being pumped down disposal in Oklahoma.

I expect the same can be said for the Barnett, the Eagle Ford, the Baaken, etc.

On the other hand, didn't this all accelerate after Post 12? And/or the actions contained there in.

We all know it's the Lord trying to end Dick Cheney any way.

I've pointed this out so many times I'm just not going to waste anymore time on it. Add in the Marcellus, Haynesville and all of those in the Permian Basin and the fact that there is very little drilling activity going on around the highest concentration of epicenters of the quakes in Oklahoma and it makes you scratch your head in amazement at what the sheep will eat. There are several pretty common sense ways to refute the "alleged" science these days and one doesn't even need a GED to figure it out.

Oops...I did it again. Dammit!

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How big is the increase that the article claims? All I can see is "some" may be from waste injection, which is a sentiment that Frohlich and Ellsworth both appear to agree upon. What's causing what they saw in the Barnett?

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All these "earthquakes" in Oklahoma lately? I've felt exactly one. They're negligible and not the result of fracking. That's just retarded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sheesh, you guys just aren't going to believe it until the Oklahoma soil finishes squirting out the giant gojira Sasquatch rock magma monster and it poops in your yard. That's right...it's happening.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no idea what is causing them, other than giant gojira Sasquatch magma monsters but there are a lot seismologists that believe that's the case or at least partially the case and they know more than any of us internet experts.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a link but I doubt it's the entire cause. However you look at it, going from very few measurable earthquakes to the second highest number of quakes within a year or two? That's definitely enough to make all the experts pay attention and want to know why. All I want to know is what are the chances "the big one" is brewing? I imagine with attention this rise in seismic activity here the experts will figure what's going on and why.

Latest posts

Top Bottom