Environmental BS rant...grrrrr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If any asphalt gets spilled on the ground or concrete floor inside the fence of an asphalt plant it is considered hazardous waste and must be treated as such.
This is the same asphalt that is put on the ground and driven over. I’d bet money the parking lot of most EPA buildings are paved with asphalt.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We need to go back to the days before the EPA, OSHA, NLRB and all these damned agencies that keep our water clean and our workplaces safe. Hell, back in the old days you could dump heavy metal waste right in the Tennessee River without consequence, work seven days a week, and if you got hurt and couldn't work it was just your tough luck.

Careful what you wish for, gentlemen.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This reminds me of something that happened with my brother a while back. He had some guys clear out part of his land and put up a new fence. While doing so, they came across a bunch of abandoned pipe. They took three loads to the scrap yard and the last load was the only one to set off the Geiger counter. So my brother called DEQ and asked what he should do with the radioactive pipe. They told him to dig a hole and bury it.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This reminds me of something that happened with my brother a while back. He had some guys clear out part of his land and put up a new fence. While doing so, they came across a bunch of abandoned pipe. They took three loads to the scrap yard and the last load was the only one to set off the Geiger counter. So my brother called DEQ and asked what he should do with the radioactive pipe. They told him to dig a hole and bury it.
Probably from petroleum scale... it has a lot of radium and radium decay products. Some of it can be pretty "hot."

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We need to go back to the days before the EPA, OSHA, NLRB and all these damned agencies that keep our water clean and our workplaces safe. Hell, back in the old days you could dump heavy metal waste right in the Tennessee River without consequence, work seven days a week, and if you got hurt and couldn't work it was just your tough luck.

Careful what you wish for, gentlemen.
There is a happy medium. We are way far off the scale to the left.

Latest posts

Top Bottom