Red Castle Gun Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThePatriotNation

Marksman
Reaction score
I am looking for a local range, something in the Tulsa area. I picked up a brochure from a local gun shop and it's for the Red Castle Gun Club. I was wondering if there might be anyone on here who is already a member or if someone could give me an idea of what their facilities are like.

The membership seems reasonable at $120/yr and the brochure has a few pictures but you can't really tell anything from the photos.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a member, and so are a number of other people on this forum. If you do a search for "castle" here, you'll turn up all sorts of discussions about RCGC.

But in summary, it's a great place if your emphasis is on long-range shooting (up to 600 yards any time, 1000 yards during the club competitions 4-5 times a year), and they have a decent 25/50/100/200 yard bench rest area, a handgun area out to 50 yards, a plinking area (~20 yards, I think) where full-auto weapons can be discharged, a cowboy action shooting area, a rimfire range, and a shotgun trap/skeet range. Vandalism and people leaving behind crap - especially on the plinking range - can be an issue, and there are no range officers so you're on your own if some bozo shows up thinking he's the last word in ninja goodness. For the money, it's a nice choice, but if you live in east Tulsa or out toward Broken Arrow, be prepared for a lonnng drive - it can be an hour or more, as it's out on the Zink Ranch, near the southern edge of Skiatook Lake. Just my :twocents:

ThePatriotNation

Marksman
Reaction score
I'm a member, and so are a number of other people on this forum. If you do a search for "castle" here, you'll turn up all sorts of discussions about RCGC.

But in summary, it's a great place if your emphasis is on long-range shooting (up to 600 yards any time, 1000 yards during the club competitions 4-5 times a year), and they have a decent 25/50/100/200 yard bench rest area, a handgun area out to 50 yards, a plinking area (~20 yards, I think) where full-auto weapons can be discharged, a cowboy action shooting area, a rimfire range, and a shotgun trap/skeet range. Vandalism and people leaving behind crap - especially on the plinking range - can be an issue, and there are no range officers so you're on your own if some bozo shows up thinking he's the last word in ninja goodness. For the money, it's a nice choice, but if you live in east Tulsa or out toward Broken Arrow, be prepared for a lonnng drive - it can be an hour or more, as it's out on the Zink Ranch, near the southern edge of Skiatook Lake. Just my :twocents:

Ha ha ha...well, doesn't sound too inviting when there's no one out there to keep the order, if that's what you mean by no range officers being present.

I've never been out to Zinc Ranch, or anything past Sand Springs. From the way the brochure looks, a person would think it's a pretty nice range. I guess looks can be deceiving. :(

I have also looked at the U.S. Shooting Academy website and they have some nice facilities.

Oh, by the way, thanks for the reply and information.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Red Castle is a nice place and 1 of the largest in Okla.
It has been there since 1963 and I have been going there since 1963.
Currently has 2500+ members., During the week is not very crowded.
Weekends can be crowded. Generally everybody gets along just fine.
The only problems we have out there are a few people who can't seem to read the signs (rules) and shoot the wrong gun on the wrong range tearing up the targets or leave a lot of junk behind on the plinking range.
As we catch them we get rid of them.

If you want to find out more you can come to our monthly meeting.
The next one will be Monday June 28th at 7pm
The monthly meetings are held in Tulsa at our indoor range and club office.
Located at 1115 so. Zunis which is 1 block west of Lewis on 11th st.

While its true that there is no one there 12-16 hours a day to hold your hand.
I work there 2 days a week. My brother works there 3-5 days a week. There is almost always club officers there on the weekends and at various times during the week.
Members are watched a lot more than they know.

Leemaxx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
+1 on RedCastle... Nice place and I've never run into anyone who wasn't friendly or wouldn't let me shoot their guns!:thumbup3:

Mike101650

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use RCGC one or two days a week. We shoot skeet on Wed. morning and pistols at IDPA targets on Thurs. morning. I have been laying off on Thursdays since it has gotten so hot. We usually avoid weekends due to crowding.

Latest posts

Top Bottom