Red River Showdown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the end the program must embrace rebuilding. That will not happen in one yr. Then it’s time to play SEC teams. Sure the portal thing is out there but a losing season now and the Sec will make that a challenge. If they want to rebuild they had better win some games and avoid the big 12 cellar . THAT would be a killer indeed. Players OU need are going to be reluctant to make a commitment to a losing team that’s trying to rebuild. Better win some games NOW
Unfortunately it will come down to money, which group of boosters has the capital they want to expend on their alma mater. Personally I think they may need to start a trust

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately it will come down to money, which group of boosters has the capital they want to expend on their alma mater. Personally I think they may need to start a trust
Games like today and the way they played really turns boosters and donors off so it's not looking good, seems to be no stability like they have enjoyed the last 20 years or so.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Games like today and the way they played really turns boosters and donors off so it's not looking good, seems to be no stability like they have enjoyed the last 20 years or so.
While I agree this is the worst implosion I have ever witnessed at OU, I think it’s fair to give BV a full 2 years, if we take a beating like this next year I don’t think there will be much of an option he will be dumped. You are right the boosters are watching and they don’t like what they have seen so far. I hate to say it…..but it looks like we should have looked at Heupel, he seems to be doing well in his second year.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at the fair with my gf, and we walked past a TV showing the end-game activities. I said to her, “Let’s stop and see what the final score was.”

When that was flashed on the screen, I thought, “Holy carp!!! I wonder what the Sooners fans on the forum are saying!” :lmfao:

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I agree this is the worst implosion I have ever witnessed at OU, I think it’s fair to give BV a full 2 years, if we take a beating like this next year I don’t think there will be much of an option he will be dumped. You are right the boosters are watching and they don’t like what they have seen so far. I hate to say it…..but it looks like we should have looked at Heupel, he seems to be doing well in his second year.
Why in the world would Heupel do that? A 101000 seat stadium, worlds of tradition, probably a top 5 team in the country right now, would be living risky trying to do it at OU sec bound, has been recruiting lights out. I bet my left gonad he’d NOT want the OU job Also no state university in the state to recruit against except a dreadful Vanderbilt program an finally population base in state is over double ours.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why in the world would Heupel do that? A 101000 seat stadium, worlds of tradition, probably a top 5 team in the country right now, would be living risky trying to do it at OU sec bound, has been recruiting lights out. I bet my left gonad he’d NOT want the OU job rather a good thing. Also no state university in the state to recruit against except a dreadful Vanderbilt program an finally population base in state is over double ours
Last December he didn‘t have a top 5 team though…and the OU job pays 2 million more than what he’s currently making not talking about right now talking about back in December we didnt even give him a a second thought. Tennessee hadn’t been relevant since Peyton Manning. The bigger question is who has more money Sooners or the Vols boosters, that I is the question I don’t have an answer to.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to go ahead and say it and it pains me to do so, but OU will be lucky to win another football game this season.…Maybe they beat the Mountaineers. But Kansas, ISU, OSU, Baylor, Texas Tech are most likely going to be a loss….

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder how much of this is player protect against changing conferences? I do not care about sports but I enjoy thinking about problems.

I was going to come in today and give the OU fans a hard time, but I think your team did that for me.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We just got back to our hotel from the game and the Texas State Fair.
Wow, what a butt kicking Texas gave us today. 49-0. Worst loss that we can remember. Oh well, we still love our Sooners and know they will be back to greatness at some point.
Venables, like any coach on his position, needs at least a couple of years to get this team back to where it has been.

Back at the hotel tailgating party watching the OSU vs Texas Tech game.

7EF58281-5030-4E5E-8102-3EE5B1D91A60.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom