Red-tailed hawk over a kill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went out to the land to check my feeder and camera today, this hawk flew up from near the gate. Coming back out I saw him/her sitting down in the draw again so I got my camera. I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't fly when I stopped the truck. It did try to take off, but it just couldn't lift the opossum it had killed. I never noticed the opossum till the hawk tried to fly with it. I remember the old days when all hawks were fair game, glad those days are over. I enjoyed watching and photographing him. Camera is a JVC Everio at 20X.

Watching me like a hawk.

[Broken External Image]

One more:

[Broken External Image]

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My favorite hawks to watch are the Mississippi Kites. Beautiful charcoal and grey color, fanstastic aerials, and they live and nest in the cities. When I was a Lawtonian I would watch them for hours.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My favorite hawks to watch are the Mississippi Kites. Beautiful charcoal and grey color, fanstastic aerials, and they live and nest in the cities. When I was a Lawtonian I would watch them for hours.

We have a couple that come in every year. They are beautiful. That is great pics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom