Redding T7 Turret Press

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just started using a carbide Redding GRx push through die for my .40SW. Was doing them on an older RCBS Reloader Special. The cast iron one. About 80% of the brass works through the die just fine feeling like any sizing die. Now the other 20% is another matter all together. I've had several that were so dadgum mean I thought I had a stuck case. Both hands on some and pounding on others to get them through. I'm really surprised that the carbide ring inside the die doesn't crack or breakup because carbide doesn't give much, it's so hard it's just brittle and will break. Now the RCBS press was plenty stout in the frame, but my hand aching got me to looking for something with more compound leverage. I was thinking Rockchucker but I wanted a turret press to do load development and rifle stuff on and the turret is perfect for this.

So I sent an email off to Redding asking about the T7, telling them what I was doing and planning to run around 1000 a month of the .40SW caliber alone. This is their reply:

Thank you for using Redding Reloading Equipment. I highly recommend the T-7 Press, I use one myself but don't load as near as much as you. However Sierra Bullets received one of the first T-7 presses to use in their lab for load development. They used that press for about
7 years prior to the press showing any wear and they claim to have loaded over one million rounds on that press. We could have sent them parts to repair that press, but we wanted the press back for evaluation. There is a support block on the rear of the frame of the press which will support the turret.

I didn't know about the support block for the turret. That is going to make it almost totally unbreakable and alleviate all wear in the turret where it attaches to the frame. That was what I was concerned about with going with a turret press. It's a non-issue with the Redding. The turret is 1 1/8" thick, is made from iron or steel (I think iron) and it's blanchard ground on the bottom. It has very precise machining and very positive indexing.

So I just got it setup and ran some .40 cases through. No more issues at all. This thing is built like a tank. I think you could almost press out ball joints on the thing! One thing is for sure, unless you put a real big cheater bar on the handle you ain't gonna hurt it!

I give it 5 thumbs up. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The T7 was the direction I was going to go before I bought the Hornady L-N-L press. With my OCD issues regarding every step I do, I still wonder if I made a mistake and shouldn't have gone with the Redding, even if it will be much slower than the progressive. Time will tell.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The T7 was the direction I was going to go before I bought the Hornady L-N-L press. With my OCD issues regarding every step I do, I still wonder if I made a mistake and shouldn't have gone with the Redding, even if it will be much slower than the progressive. Time will tell.

Well, of the progressives the LNL is the one to have it you fiddle with your dies and such alot. It's pretty easy to mess with stuff while you are loading. At least more so than the Dillon 650. I have both but my LNL is listed in the classifieds. I just couldn't get the speed out of the LNL that I can with the Dillon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom