Reference for pricing used brass?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently acquired a bunch of brass and nickel 38spl. I actually own one but it's for sale. Not my caliber. Anyhow what sites do you use as reference for pricing? Thanks

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People get upset sometimes selling brass. There's "as shot" brass and then there's "processed" brass a large price difference and a lot of work goes into the processed brass.
Processed brass is deprimed, resized, length trimmed, polished.
As shot brass is picked up and put in bag.
Even then there can be price differences if it was sorted by headstamp.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People get upset sometimes selling brass. There's "as shot" brass and then there's "processed" brass a large price difference and a lot of work goes into the processed brass.
Processed brass is deprimed, resized, length trimmed, polished.
As shot brass is picked up and put in bag.
Even then there can be price differences if it was sorted by headstamp.

^^^^^^^ This

How bad you want it gone + or - how bad purchaser wants it x how hard the caliber is to obtain.

Most brass that I have sold has been deprimed, polished and inspected.
What I have bought, even if claimed to be sized or trimmed, I do it myself and have not paid a premium. (I'm cheap).

I rarely sort handgun brass, I'm not shooting BULLSEYE or competition, and don't load to MAX, except some hunting loads (which I sort).

Can't give a specific source for prices. I use 1/2 of NEW. If it doesn't sell, drop price or accept an offer.
(9mm and .38 are plentiful and CHEAP)

GOOD LUCK
Post it and hope

My location means most anything I buy or sell is going to have shipping, which, also affects price. Luckily, I have a huge stockpile of .38.

Latest posts

Top Bottom