Remember Toxic Masculinity?---Dad Teaches Trans Son to Shave in Heartwarming New Gillette Ad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ethan, I have no desire to offend you personally and when I say "The" Church that pretty much means Mother Church The Church of Rome. There are plenty of good people in plenty of churches. There are country churches where nobody makes a dime. I've seen all this kind of stuff and people of faith should believe what they need to believe. I'm a pretty tolerant person in real life.

I make generalized statements about the clergy in general based upon what I've seen in general. Most people do that. This thread does that. The thread, I thought, was about LBGTQ and probably some other letters I don't know yet because I don't read the twitter. Most pedophilia has nothing to do with anybody's church. The point, addressed mostly to other people than you is that there is no link between pedophilia and "The Gay" The desire for Adults of the same sex does not transfer to the desire for children of either sex.

Most of those crimes are committed by straight people any way. It's kind of ridiculous for people to foresee the legalization of pedophilia, because it will always be wrong and it will fortunately always be illegal. The vast majority of people love kids, and kids have rights.
I don't know what your personal view of divorce is and don't particularly want to do. I'm completely in favor of legalized divorce, but as the Man said, it is a sin which also causes others to sin. It harms generations and a man is responsible for three generations. It arguably causes MORE societal harm than the reproductive dead end of Homoism. Arguably is what I'm saying arguably. I'm not flapping a big book at anybody. I'm just talking.
As for intellectual dishonesty, and hypocricy there's plenty of that going around and always has been.
Fair enough. I don’t disagree with any of that. I certainly don’t think there’s any link between homosexuality and pedophilia. My comment wasn’t a response to general statements about the clergy, as you say, but the idea that Christians don’t have any ground to stand on in opposing the normalization of transgenderism because Christians are supposedly hypocritical in general (especially the accusation that Christians are unwilling to condemn child rape). I guess it was a little unfair of me to quote your post to make that point when it was primarily pointed at @JD8. So I apologize if I made it seem like I was attributing those ideas to you. Your post just made a good jumping off point for what I wanted to say.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well at least you acknowledge that your position is based in ignorance. We’re getting somewhere.

My comment was a little deeper than what you're comprehending. But, I'm perfectly fine if you need to tell yourself that, it just adds to what I've been saying.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very good video that was posted above . This turned into a debate about the church/christianity (of which I am in the minority side of things with @JD8 ) but that is the real topic . I truly believe in a few years there will be more and more individuals like the man in that video . The way we are about this trans sexual stuff now, its turning into the "cool thing" to do .

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can personally relate to and confirm many of the things Walt Heyer talked about in that video. That’s why I’m passionate about this topic and part of why I’m deeply offended at the suggestion that I’m hypocritical for opposing what’s happening. I thank God I was never in an environment as a child where I was “affirmed,” as Mr. Heyer put it. The thought of the added suffering that could have caused scares me.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fair enough. I don’t disagree with any of that. I certainly don’t think there’s any link between homosexuality and pedophilia. My comment wasn’t a response to general statements about the clergy, as you say, but the idea that Christians don’t have any ground to stand on in opposing the normalization of transgenderism because Christians are supposedly hypocritical in general (especially the accusation that Christians are unwilling to condemn child rape). I guess it was a little unfair of me to quote your post to make that point when it was primarily pointed at @JD8. So I apologize if I made it seem like I was attributing those ideas to you. Your post just made a good jumping off point for what I wanted to say.

You can stand on any ground you like, I'm just pointing out the cherry picking of uproar. Child molestation is just one of the subjects that christians are hypocritical on IMO. Don't like it? Call me stupid or whatever, I couldn't care less. However, I will never show up to your church on Sunday and preach, I will never request a tax break, or ask you for money, I don't say a word until you try to tell me and others how to live their life.

I get that you want to force other Americans into your definition as to what or what is not normal, but fortunately we live in a free society. Define normalcy for you, as you please, others will do the same in contrast. I know, that pesky COTUS allows us that freedom. I must ask though....what will you do then after you are done defining? Are you to take this a step further? Let me clue you in on something here sparky. Whatever is responsible for transgenderism, be it a genetic anomaly, or genetic anomaly coupled with environmental factors, etc..... it is BY FAR the minority in our society. It's an estimated .5-6% of the population you are whining about like a we are on the verge of some culture change of everyone getting sex reassignment surgery. It's not even close. If you honestly believe the fundamentals of human physiology and evolutionary psychology (with regards to sexual behavior) are in still play, then it will be OK. You won't need your safe space every time Gillette puts out a commercial. It will be OK, the cis-breeders will remain in the majority. If some 40 year old man wants a set of tits then let that freak flag fly, because well, he's a human being, and as gross as it may be, he's not hurting anyone. Y'all act like this is some sort of virus that can be spread. Not something I'm worried about "catching"... are you?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can personally relate to and confirm many of the things Walt Heyer talked about in that video. That’s why I’m passionate about this topic and part of why I’m deeply offended at the suggestion that I’m hypocritical for opposing what’s happening. I thank God I was never in an environment as a child where I was “affirmed,” as Mr. Heyer put it. The thought of the added suffering that could have caused scares me.

interesting. i'm guessing there are others out there who'd say the opposite. They wish to God they had been affirmed.

Anyway, i know a family that is dealing with this. We aren't around them a lot, but i will say that the child's happiness is markedly improved. Well, until some jackass chooses to make a big deal of it to her, but that is more about the adult being a dick than anything.

Time will tell whether it's a good thing for her, or not.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can stand on any ground you like, I'm just pointing out the cherry picking of uproar. Child molestation is just one of the subjects that christians are hypocritical on IMO. Don't like it? Call me stupid or whatever, I couldn't care less. However, I will never show up to your church on Sunday and preach, I will never request a tax break, or ask you for money, I don't say a word until you try to tell me and others how to live their life.

I get that you want to force other Americans into your definition as to what or what is not normal, but fortunately we live in a free society. Define normalcy for you, as you please, others will do the same in contrast. I know, that pesky COTUS allows us that freedom. I must ask though....what will you do then after you are done defining? Are you to take this a step further? Let me clue you in on something here sparky. Whatever is responsible for transgenderism, be it a genetic anomaly, or genetic anomaly coupled with environmental factors, etc..... it is BY FAR the minority in our society. It's an estimated .5-6% of the population you are whining about like a we are on the verge of some culture change of everyone getting sex reassignment surgery. It's not even close. If you honestly believe the fundamentals of human physiology and evolutionary psychology (with regards to sexual behavior) are in still play, then it will be OK. You won't need your safe space every time Gillette puts out a commercial. It will be OK, the cis-breeders will remain in the majority. If some 40 year old man wants a set of tits then let that freak flag fly, because well, he's a human being, and as gross as it may be, he's not hurting anyone. Y'all act like this is some sort of virus that can be spread. Not something I'm worried about "catching"... are you?
It’s like you’re not even paying attention.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very good video that was posted above . This turned into a debate about the church/christianity (of which I am in the minority side of things with @JD8 ) but that is the real topic . I truly believe in a few years there will be more and more individuals like the man in that video . The way we are about this trans sexual stuff now, its turning into the "cool thing" to do .

In my opinion, there's probably a whole spectrum. Probably a lot of people perfectly fine with their decision, probably some that aren't. However, I just don't see anything but the vast majority going... nah... sorry..... not for me. Again, due to the factors named above.

I DO know that persecution way isn't the answer. You can't persecute perceived morality into a demographic and expect it to change them. Damning them and calling them sinful won't stop the behavior, it just doesn't work that way.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom