Remington 341 - an Oldie!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got her back in good working order. That's a long time to wait. I'd keep it and put it in the rotation for range trips, if it were me. My mossberg model 35 is about the same age.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took it to the range this morning on a whim; shooting .22 shorts, you can barely tell it fired! It's like shooting a BB gun. With standard velocity .22lr ammo, it shoots nice tight groups at 25 yards. Of course, I was using iron sights and old eyes, but I was pleased with this old rifle's accuracy and performance. Kinda neat to get her back to running well. This old rifle was one of the first to use a patented lifter system to position the round for chambering without it touching anything before it is slid in by the bolt. Good times.

Devon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got one. It is marked 341-P. I suppose that it originally came with a peep sight. I have owned it for approximately 20 years. Has a vintage Weaver scope. Probably has zero collector value due to missing peep sights and being tapped for a scope. But it is still a cool old gun. Always like watching all of the metal "fingers" that lift the bullet up to be chambered. Works real well. Has killed a truck load of squirrels. 100_8280.JPG 100_8281.JPG

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got one. It is marked 341-P. I suppose that it originally came with a peep sight. I have owned it for approximately 20 years. Has a vintage Weaver scope. Probably has zero collector value due to missing peep sights and being tapped for a scope. But it is still a cool old gun. Always like watching all of the metal "fingers" that lift the bullet up to be chambered. Works real well. Has killed a truck load of squirrels.View attachment 56099 View attachment 56100

Very cool. Mine has the grooves on the top of the receiver for a rimfire scope; maybe I'll put a cheap-o one on there and see how it does.

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took it to the range this morning on a whim; shooting .22 shorts, you can barely tell it fired! It's like shooting a BB gun. With standard velocity .22lr ammo, it shoots nice tight groups at 25 yards. Of course, I was using iron sights and old eyes, but I was pleased with this old rifle's accuracy and performance. Kinda neat to get her back to running well. This old rifle was one of the first to use a patented lifter system to position the round for chambering without it touching anything before it is slid in by the bolt. Good times.

I wish my Mossberg Model 35 had that design.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put it up in the classifieds and I'm guessing nobody wants to mess with an old .22 rifle. It has no sentimental or other value to me other than I spent $181 to get it running again. I think if it doesn't find a new home in the next few days I'll go ahead and refinish it as a project. I'm talking a refinish of the stock, polishing the bolt, and cold bluing the receiver and barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom