Remington 5R PSS 300 Win Mag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To your point Mo boost I ordered some 155 Sierra Palmas to try.

Debating on which powder to try as well to see what it does.

While I understand that some 300's can shoot very well, I also appreciate the fact that it may be more of a challenge to accomplish it than a 308.

Thanks for your input.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
71gns of IMR 4350 with both 180gn Sierra GK's and 180gn Nosler Accubonds do very well in my Browning Stainless Stalker. Clocking about 3000-3100fps. One of our guys shooting an identical set-up and handload to mine, harvested his cow elk at 1,200yds with 1 shot last year. BTW, it works.

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well,

Torque wrench and new load both applied to said firearm. It would seem that the torque tool shrunk the group some. I had the screws too tight for sure.

The IMR-4350 and magnum Federal primers load gave the same performance (Group wise) as the IMR-4831 and regular win primers.

I am going to try it all again as the conditions for my shooting session were not ideal.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has the reciever been bedded?
That will keep the reciever truly solid in the stock while letting the barrel float. also check for barrel clearance, you should be able to slip a dollar bill between the barrel and anywhere on the stock in front of the reciever otherwise the barrel is not truly free floating. Some say this is not needed for synthetic stocks but it does interfere with the harmonics or "natural frequency" of the barrel.

kortik

New to the site!
Reaction score

Here is also some info on the latest Borka Tools Sniper Rifle Field Kit - comes with all accessories to do work on just about any scope/mount rifle combo.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2121286#Post2121286

Latest posts

Top Bottom