Remington 770 at Walmart $125

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
One what? The youth model is there because I handled it. There was a Savage for $124 but they were frustrated and wouldn't get it out for me.

Thanks for the additional info Snattlerake. I went back in and it was indeed a youth. Bought it for grandson. Michelle was much more helpful than the associate was yesterday evening. Not as good as the $124 at other stores but still a good buy at $190.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Thanks for the additional info Snattlerake. I went back in and it was indeed a youth. Bought it for grandson. Michelle was much more helpful than the associate was yesterday evening. Not as good as the $124 at other stores but still a good buy at $190.
When did you get the bolt for it? Just asking to see if they were being a dick to me.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I was told it was adult. Like you I was not allowed to handle it. I may go back and ask for manager. Would be perfect for grandson if it is a youth.
I am glad you didn't take their word for it because they don't know a 770 from an 870.

I also take it their "software" is working again?

Last edited:

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
One left in the Stillwater west WM in .243 yesterday afternoon. I also tried to look at a scope for 30 minutes but no one could find a key. Shopping tips for you guys- If you are sure they have something on markdown but the price isn't updated, have them scan it for you. I might have picked up a Versamax for half price a few years ago by doing that.....

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Walmart is a crapshoot on getting anyone who knows anything and/or will do anything to find out.

A year or so ago, brickseek was showing a Savage A17 was available at the Sapulpa Walmart and was marked down to I think just under $200. I went in, had to wait about 30 minutes for them to find someone to come to sporting goods, and when they did I got the impression that she didn't normally work in sporting goods. There wasn't one in the display case, and she told me everything they had was in the display case. I wasn't convinced that was right, but I thought even if they have one in back it doesn't do me any good if they won't get it.

Not long after, brickseek showed it marked down to $99 and still showed one in Sapulpa. So I called on the phone, got someone in sporting goods who told me yes it was $99 and yes they had one. I told them I'll be there in 5 minutes, when I got there they brought it out of the back, and I bought it.

You have to take anything they tell you with a grain of salt, and if it's a great deal you may have to go to different stores to find anyone who knows or will help you, or press them to check. It worked out great for me on that occasion. Some days you eat the bear, and some days the bear eats you.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Walfart is just the straw that broke my back. I used to like them until Sam croaked. I will admit I have an innate hatred for the stores because of their people policy and lack of customer service. What is the use of having 30 checkout lines and none are open except the express lane and the self check out? Even during Christmas they don't open them. I will take a beating before going back to one ever again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom