Remington 788 Carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Parry

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always keep an eye open for 788 in .243 at gunshows. People keep 788's in family. I know a family who has 4 generations killing deer with a 788 in 3030
I had the 788 in both 22-250 and .308. Amazing accuracy with the stock 4x Tasco scope. I think they ended up having some type of recall with the safety or bolt. I regret ever getting rid of mine for a fancier rifle. They were both carbines and tackdrivers.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my first one about 2007 or so, Gave $400 for it. It is by far my favorite rifle I bought myself. Hence, my Screen name here on OSA. It's a 788 in 7m-08 Carbine. 'smith gave it a 3# trigger job. It's an absolute beauty to shoot and is as accurate as any of my other bolt guns. It's not pretty, not light but I would compare it to a slightly think girl of average looks but gives the best Post #12 one could ever get.

I also picked up a second 788 in .243 w 22" barrel and completely refurbished it. It was in a bit rough shape to start. Took it apart, fully redid the stock, had all the metal parts teflon coated black, had a smith give it a 2.75# trigger and topped it with a VX3 (I believe). Have only put about 10 rounds through it. Shoots great and is quite nice to look at.

If there is interest I'll take some pics of both and post up here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom