Im working in Tallahassee this week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And as luck would have it, this little thing is going to make it interesting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240923_213000_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240923_213000_Facebook.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 2

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't been in 3 yet. Plenty on 1's. I may ride it out since it's a fast moving one. I'll have the hotel move to the back side of hotel since the front of the hotel will be looking head on at it
I rode out a 2 in Houston, wasn’t terrible and we didn’t lose power, a 3 I’d probably rethink! if you do decide to hang around for it good luck and get video !

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd look to move @Bighouse. I know most big hotels are built to be hurricane safe, but.......
We rode out Hurricane Ivan at Barbados in a room 2' above sea level.
Barricaded ourselves in the bathroom after getting supplies with a mattress over our heads and towels/sheets under the door to keep water out.
Surf broke the sliding doors out, flooding the room, but we only got an inch or so of water in the bathroom because of our precautions.
Fortunately, at the last minute the F-5 veered and hit Grenada with the full force while we caught the outer bands. Hell of an experience. We had made calls to our next of kin to say goodbye earlier which was rough.
The winds were so strong even on the outer bands that it ripped the tarmac off the airport which took three days to repair.
It was a nightmare getting out of there as we were flying on an American Airlines space available because FIL was an American employee.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3's are pretty fun. I got on the news a few times before and during one when I spent time in that hellhole of a state. Park your car somewhere high, and make sure to have some ski goggles for eye pro if you want to head outside. Duck and weave to avoid tree limbs, coconuts, sharks, and less prepared tourists. Remember that only liberal commies are scared of a little rain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom