• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Remington RM380

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah, but then from what I've read those little Remington 380s have a lot of problems. I can't quote anything on the problems.... just what I've remembered off the top of my head. Couple of people on here like em but me I'll spend my money elsewhere for better reliability. Especially if it's for my wife's safety. IMHO

I did copious amount of research prior to buying. Only somewhat negative review I did come across, someone said that if you turn the gun on it's side, the pin to break it down will fall out. Remington fixed that. Also, the first year they did not have any extra mags available. Remington fixed that too. Have to admit that after Remington's efforts with the R51, I was concerned about the RM380.

I have run well over 500 rounds through mine. Mostly Freedom 100gr RNFP and Hornady Critical Defense. No issues with feeding. In fact, I have tried shooting this lil' mouse gun upside down, on both port and starboard sides ... tried to limp wrist it .... could not get it to malfunction. From my experience ... this is a great lil' shooter.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I did copious amount of research prior to buying. Only somewhat negative review I did come across, someone said that if you turn the gun on it's side, the pin to break it down will fall out. Remington fixed that. Also, the first year they did not have any extra mags available. Remington fixed that too. Have to admit that after Remington's efforts with the R51, I was concerned about the RM380.

I have run well over 500 rounds through mine. Mostly Freedom 100gr RNFP and Hornady Critical Defense. No issues with feeding. In fact, I have tried shooting this lil' mouse gun upside down, on both port and starboard sides ... tried to limp wrist it .... could not get it to malfunction. From my experience ... this is a great lil' shooter.
Sounds like yours runs good. I'm happy that you are comfortable with it.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
Reviews from someone that owns one are always better than reviews from folks that don’t. My neighbor has the same feeling about his. I’m beginning to think that I need to find one for me also. Thanks, good recommendation.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I have one and I’ve never understood the negativity.

Mine eats Tula steel case all day long for practice and loves the Gold Dots as well for carry use.

I love the long trigger pull makes it a great grab and go pocket gun.

We’ve put several hundred rounds through with zero, yes zero malfunctions.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Seen a RM380 on GunBroker for $349 +$20 shipping
Buddy has one. It's a jam o matic unless using one ammo, and I don't remember what brand/bullet that is.
I've never really trusted any small auto like those myself I like my Ruger SP101. But to each there own they say. I have a friend with a Detonics Combat Master and he won't carry it for defense because it's not reliable.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Seen a RM380 on GunBroker for $349 +$20 shipping

I've never really trusted any small auto like those myself I like my Ruger SP101. But to each there own they say. I have a friend with a Detonics Combat Master and he won't carry it for defense because it's not reliable.
Dang, thats cheap. Buddies rohrbach is a 9mm.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I always wanted an ASP 9mm but there crazy high now, they were a chopped down S&W done back in the '70s, always thought they were cool looking and from what I've read they worked. I just like old stuff!

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have one and I’ve never understood the negativity.

Mine eats Tula steel case all day long for practice and loves the Gold Dots as well for carry use.

I love the long trigger pull makes it a great grab and go pocket gun.

We’ve put several hundred rounds through with zero, yes zero malfunctions.

Check out Galloway Precision. Not sure if they still make all the parts for the RM380, but it would not hurt to ask. I dropped in their Galloway Hammer Spring Seat, their recoil spring, reduced power spring and guide rod. For $78, it made a great pistol even better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom