Remington thunderbolts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're OK, step ahead of "Golden Bullets"...but, everything is. Not quite as good as federal or Winchester, but will work in a pinch.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a back-order notice from Cabelas, tentative 1/25/15 deliver.....waiting has not been my strong point, but wth, guess I can wait. Got plenty, but more is better.

I got the same notice from Cabela's on these a few days after the order. I saw an email this morning from them that the order was being shipped, so the EDT was a bit off.
I should have them by mid week next week at the latest.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from academy in Norman and they had a bunch of .22 shorts for $3 a box. When I first saw then I though they were long rifles until I picked them up. I had a big frown on my face.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got back from academy in Norman and they had a bunch of .22 shorts for $3 a box. When I first saw then I though they were long rifles until I picked them up. I had a big frown on my face.

That's not a bad thing. 22 shorts typically are harder to find and sell for a bit more than .22LR. As Dennis said, sell them to trappers. I used to use shorts and cb caps exclusively when I ran a long line.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Academy in Lawton had a large inventory of shorts, but I believe they were $4.99. They had a large inventory and several varieties of LR, last night. Rem Lightning $3.99 and Thunderbolt $2.99. CCI, Aquila, Fed, also.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to shoot the Remington Thunderbolts by the brick (10 box of 50 rds in a box, not the B.S. some refer to as bricks) back in the 90s when Atwoods would sell em for $8.00. My only complaint is the black thumb from loading those magazines over and over again. (Bullet coating would wear off onto fingers during handling)

Latest posts

Top Bottom