"Remington, Under Fire"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CNBC will premiere a show alleging defective Remington rifles on Oct 20

The result of a 10-month investigation, CNBC examines allegations that the world's most popular hunting rifle is prone to firing without pulling the trigger, and that its manufacturer, Remington, has been aware of the situation for 60 years. Dozens of deaths and scores of injuries have been traced to the alleged problem. The story is told through corporate insiders, internal documents dating back to 1945, and a father searching for answers about the death of his nine-year-old son.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/39383236

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The only thing I can honestly say from experience about Remington is that their .22 ammo is horrible. I've tried to shoot different boxes of it through different guns for 2 or 3 years now. It jams and feeds poorly and is a general pain in der rump to deal with. I tried to ask them about it, but they ignored me.

I don't like Remington as a company at all. However, as for any of their guns being problematic for 60 years? Sounds like crap to me.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing I can honestly say from experience about Remington is that their .22 ammo is horrible. I've tried to shoot different boxes of it through different guns for 2 or 3 years now. It jams and feeds poorly and is a general pain in der rump to deal with. I tried to ask them about it, but they ignored me.

I don't like Remington as a company at all. However, as for any of their guns being problematic for 60 years? Sounds like crap to me.
That is pretty much my opinion as well. Lots of knowledgeable remington rifle owners right here on this thread and I don't see anyone complaining about their rifles discharging on its own.

I'll watch the show with an open mind tho and if it turns into another gun bashing piece :censored:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Huh, interested in hearing more details. But they don't show anything on the article. You'd think if it was so important and life threatening that they'd do more than just announce the show 2 weeks ahead. Interesting.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
That is pretty much my opinion as well. Lots of knowledgeable remington rifle owners right here on this thread and I don't see anyone complaining about their rifles discharging on its own.

I'll watch the show with an open mind tho and if it turns into another gun bashing piece :censored:

The only thing I can think about is that their triggers were adjustable on the 700, so could be adjusted to the point where they would fire if the rifle was bumped. In which case, that's "stupid owner" issues, not the manufacturer. Mine won't go bang unless the trigger is pulled, but it's a stinkin light trigger. Great for shooting!

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I agree.

Latest posts

Top Bottom