Results and Pics Mar 31 ENS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you all for have my son and I! We had an excellent time with some awesome people! A special thank you to the Hargroves and Chad for your efforts and being such a gracious host. Joel, I want to hear how you screamed in the morning when the coffee kicks in...hehe!

Scream? From what? Those hot links David “cooked” on the grill? Them weren’t hot; they was for girly-men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
9599360a56aa77c0c2ef82aa5f760334.jpg

I would have been afraid to shoot the middle round. It's very possible the pressure generated from that crimp would have exceeded the pressure your barrel would have handled. 9mm is taper crimped, that is a dangerous round right there. If it's a factory round, I'd danged sure return it and the rest of the ammo to the factory.
Wish I could have joined you folks, but Easter activities prevented it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I would have been afraid to shoot the middle round. It's very possible the pressure generated from that crimp would have exceeded the pressure your barrel would have handled. 9mm is taper crimped, that is a dangerous round right there. If it's a factory round, I'd danged sure return it and the rest of the ammo to the factory.
Wish I could have joined you folks, but Easter activities prevented it.

That middle round was the top round in the fully loaded magazine, it wouldn’t chamber (thank The Good Lord). I am going to be communicating with Winchester about it this coming week. I have several 200-round packs of this stuff, plain old WWB 115 gr 9mm Range fodder. Never had one act like this before. Winchester FMJ(unk).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That middle round was the top round in the fully loaded magazine, it wouldn’t chamber (thank The Good Lord). I am going to be communicating with Winchester about it this coming week. I have several 200-round packs of this stuff, plain old WWB 115 gr 9mm Range fodder. Never had one act like this before. Winchester FMJ(unk).
WWB typically has an issue making major power factor in USPSA matches on occasion. Pretty lightly loaded ammo.
That one is scary as a light load with that crimp gains much higher pressure.

scottb42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many thanks to all that made this event happen. Great people, great shooting, and oh, great food. Only downside is this is going to cost me some coin, I think I fell in love with a new rifle.

Got to spend some quality time afterwards scrubbing the heck out of a crusty flintlock.

scottb42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Joel's G19 tried valiantly to get it to fit, so I suspect the cartridge self-crimped on chambering . It was locked up super tight, thought we were going to need to start hunting for a hammer. No question that was a dangerous round.

We did the plunk test on a bunch of others and didn't find any further problems but I can understand Mr. D's reluctance to continue sending these downrange.

From this angle it looks a lot like 9x21 brass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom