Ride Report: CA to OKC in 48hrs on a BMW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kozmos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's an awesome trip. I'd love to make one like that someday, even better on a bike. I really enjoyed it from the CO/Utah area since I've been to that area many times and recognized many of the pictures. Cortez has the cliff dwellings (Mesa Verde). There's a gigantic motorcycle graveyard just north of Cortez enroute to Telluride that is amazing. It's also amazing how much junk is around that bridge over the Rio Grande, scary indeed. I've had "Good Food" in Eagles Nest (Red River is just north of there and another nice area). Great write up, great pictures! Glad you made it home safely. Thanks for sharing.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good job on the write up of your trip. Its sad that you didn't have more time to ride around Colorado. There is so much there to see in the way of beautiful country. We just spent 2 weeks in the Pagosa Springs area.

By the way, the trees you photographed and commented on as to whether they were Birch or Poplar are actually Aspen trees. It is awesome to sit on a mountainside and listen to the breezes blowing through Pines and Aspen.

For a future ride consider a ride north of South Fork, Colorado, then over to Montrose and then south to Telluride and Cortez. Then to Durango and north to Silverton, Ridgeway and beyond. Beautiful country and great roads for a bike.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
definitely looking to go back - especially to the eagle nest lake area. I'm ready for another burger!

but.... i want to mix it up at least 40% dirt riding on fire roads etc. I know theres a lot of little towns that connect that way so i'll have to do my homework first.

Oklahoma_mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow geat report! I did NM and CO in the spring it is awesome country

Here is some more shots of the rio bridge.

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y177_diggintaz_DSC04085.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y177_diggintaz_DSC04068.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y177_diggintaz_DSC04084.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y177_diggintaz_DSC04073.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom