Rise of the Warrior Cop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess the cops should show up in the middle of the day unarmed and knock on the door of all possibly armed felons. Keep in mind all we are hearing if the WSJ article side of the story. The author wrote it to make money. I am pretty sure there are other facts that have been left out.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there a law against DIY security systems? Because if the Stillwater PD kicks in my door unannounced they're gonna be in a room with multiple strobe lights and Slayer playing at full volume...

Let's see how you guys perform in disruptive environments.

Any blacklights with funky posters on the wall?????

He made comment about "inaccurate, old man's gun, never seen one that would shoot" ..... just showed him one.

Those are NOT the words to say to an "older" man, especially one with a PROVEN "old man's" gun.

Oh, and a well done job of putting him in his place.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess the cops should show up in the middle of the day unarmed and knock on the door of all possibly armed felons. Keep in mind all we are hearing if the WSJ article side of the story. The author wrote it to make money. I am pretty sure there are other facts that have been left out.

This is very true. While the WSJ editorial page is known to be conservative, the rest of their news kind of leans that other direction. Now, in the story in Florida that I linked to earlier, the agent with the U.S. Marshall's service pretty much admitted that their methods were a bit suspect.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Nobody has said they should show up unarmed, but SWAT in the middle of the night??????????? possibly armed felon? totally missed that one, too. While true we only have the article to judge by, interjecting other presumptions to base your opinion or belittle others is a Jay Carney we don't need.

As written -
1. EX_GF tells cops of home grower.
2. City Council has received numerous complaints on handling of drug busts.
3. SWAT shows up in the middle of the night.
4. SWAT expends 250+ rounds.
5. 6 wounded + 1 officer dead.
6. 16 plants seized.

Analysis:
1. Reliable source? No other intel gathered?
2. Any action taken? yet?
3. A team can detain suspect off premises during daylight hours and conduct search warrant. too simple? logical?
4. ??????????? what is so Special about storm troopers in the middle of the night? They should be Training and gathering Intel.
5. Awaken in the middle of the night, PTSD, he still kicked their ass. Obvious who had TRAINING.
6. Personal use, no evidence of sale or distribution. Hate drugs, they are illegal (in some states), but their tactics were excessive.

Conclusion: BS Storm Troopers out of control. There are too many of this type story surfacing for there to not be some truth. All legitimate LE should be as outraged as the general population.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Likely so, but your first sentence is silly. Some would say to work smarter, not harder. That usually doesn't result in the thrill of breaking doors and pointing guns at people who are startled and fearful of you, but it can achieve the same results with MUCH less risk.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the deal with SWAT teams: they hit their targets, by design, in a manner and at a time designed to maximize the target's disorientation. They hit late at night, with flash-bangs, bright lights on their weapons, and yelling loudly. Is it really any wonder that people don't respond quickly to commands, or might maybe think they're under attack?

It might be enlightening to see how often officers are held individually responsible for negligent discharges, or injuries, damages and deaths resulting from wrong-address raids and SWAT team misuse and abuse.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the deal with SWAT teams: they hit their targets, by design, in a manner and at a time designed to maximize the target's disorientation. They hit late at night, with flash-bangs, bright lights on their weapons, and yelling loudly. Is it really any wonder that people don't respond quickly to commands, or might maybe think they're under attack?
Are those the tactics? Are they? Are they really?

This kind of crap, and the court decisions that allow it, are all due to the war on drugs. Making the mere possession of a substance illegal requires more aggressive policing and more governmental power to enforce than just laws that prohibit people from initiating force against each other. Giving the government the power to protect people from themselves, for their own good, should be resisted by anyone who values their liberty.

As far as I'm concerned, serving no-knock warrants in the middle of the night, when they could just as easily be served during the day when no one is home, SHOULD be a dangerous job. They don't seem to be too moved when a citizen is killed in one, like Jose Guerena, but maybe it will get the police brass' attention if more of their guys get killed doing this stuff. One can hope anyway.

Ah good old Jose Guerena.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/cri...cle_7aa21b04-49b9-5338-92bb-3092969902b8.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd_OJmTL3jk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hard to tell over the music and background, but it appears "Sheriff's Office, search warrant!" Is yelled numerous times. After the siren is blared. It would appear the warrant was a knock and announce, in broad daylight. Then Guerena brought a rifle to bare. I would be careful of the references you make when arguing your point, counselor.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This should have been titled "Rise of the OSA Doper".

I laugh every time I read were police shouldn't do night time raids, or all of a sudden people are experts on how to conduct police operations.

This world isn't Mayberry anymore, Criminals evolved their tactics, so Police must do the same. It's not "Militarization".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom