Rock Island Armory 1911's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys I am in the market for a 1911, but I do not have a lot of money to put towards one. How are the Rock Island 1911's are they decent quality?

LDA.45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A good friend of mine just bought one and I put around 30 rd's through it
and was very impressed.

You should be good to go.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 3.5'" model i had many moons ago wouldn't even reliably feed FMJ. Wasn't impressed at all. Traded it off and never regretted it. Maybe their QC is better now, but I won't ever buy one again. FWIW

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
one of the dealers at the show before the last one had a couple of fullsized for 369.just about jumped on it but wasn't whay i was looking for. they flooded the market with them when they came out,the price should stay down for a while. i'll probably have one in the near future myself

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple guys on here as well as myself have gotten our RIA tacticals from centerfire systems.

Here is their RIA 1911 selection click here

and here is the RIA .45 1911 tactical for $420 click here

I have sung my praises on here many times about my RIA but one more time wont hurt. lol My RIA was the first 1911 I ever held, let alone shot, and the very first magazine I shot at 15 yards fit onto a credit card. My only advice is to buy your grips now bc the stock grips are horrid. The hogue wrap around grip feels like heaven.

Last edited:

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've decided I want to go with either the Railed Tactical or the Regular Tactical, working with Tommy from SSP right now figuring out what the prices are. Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom