Rocky Mountain Spotted Tick Fever

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone had it? My Dad has been in the hospital most all of this week and the doctors just diagnosed him with that. He is 78 years old and was wondering how quick we should be expecting him to recover. He was generally in good health prior to getting sick around a 1.5 weeks ago. Thanks for any info.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a lot of tick disease experience, unfortunately, ( good & bad actually ). My best advice is take higher doses of doxycycline than texts call for , & for minimum of 8 weeks, better 90 days, also much longer than the texts call for. ( To avoid relapses , actually eliminating the RBC parasite vs the parasite going into remission/ hiding out ) . Good for your dad he got diagnosed. There is a real bug-a-boo within the human medical community that tick disease is a problem, so they often go undiagnosed with serious ramifications, both in the immediate and long term effects. He apparently was diagnosed rather quickly and should do great. God Bless

Latest posts

Top Bottom