Route 66 gun smith.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where's the tin foil guys? I don't know the guy but he might just be a decent fellow. Completely disassembling a 1911 isn't rocket science. It does help to know a tips/tricks to save you from shooting parts around. Also, just because he won't charge you doesn't mean that you don't have to offer him something if you feel like your lesson was worth it.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a full time gunsmith I can tell you that I show people all the time how to do things to their guns.
Field stripping a 1911 is a simple procedure and I would be glad to show anyone how anytime.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I had my shop we had a policy on ruger 22 autos for people that couldn't get them back together.
No Charge!
We would put them back together then take it apart and show the customer how to do it several times.
Thought it was good customer relations til one saturday a guy called and wanted his fixed in a hurry.
We were closing but told him we would wait cause he was begging. Finally he showed up, we went thru the routine.
Then told him no charge and even pointed to the sign on the wall.
Then instead of thanking me I got a 30 minute azz chewing about what a no-good s.o.b. I was for NOT charging him.
Some people can't understand a kind gesture.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I had my shop we had a policy on ruger 22 autos for people that couldn't get them back together.
No Charge!
We would put them back together then take it apart and show the customer how to do it several times.
Thought it was good customer relations til one saturday a guy called and wanted his fixed in a hurry.
We were closing but told him we would wait cause he was begging. Finally he showed up, we went thru the routine.
Then told him no charge and even pointed to the sign on the wall.
Then instead of thanking me I got a 30 minute azz chewing about what a no-good s.o.b. I was for NOT charging him.
Some people can't understand a kind gesture.

I believe that was good customer relations. It seems there is always some a-hole in every crowd. It sounds like you went above and beyond for him. Some people just don't know how to accept a kind gesture or how to pay it forward.

Latest posts

Top Bottom