RRA NM vs. CMMG 2 stage trigger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl Bill

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my first post... tried searching first, but didn't find specifically what I was looking for.

I am building a target/varmint kind of an AR. I have decided I would like a 2 stage trigger. Nothing too expensive.

I am seeing the RRA NM trigger getting some warm reviews, but possible issues with longevity.

The CMMG has had some issues in it's history, but appears to have the bugs worked out.

I can find either for under $100 on the internet.

I do like the idea of the brass bushings on the CMMG, but am not partial to either.

Anyone have solid feedback to support one over the other?

Appreciate the feedback.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run a RRA 2 stage in my rifle. Most of the wear issue complaints I have heard about are people who have done additional polishing to the components wearing through the hardened engagement surfaces. I only have about 5k rounds through the rifle but so far so good.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the RRA NM in my 6.8spc AR. I installed it with a set of JP reduced power springs and brand new right after the install the 2nd stage breaks crisp at 3.5lbs with no creep. The take up on the 1st stage is crazy light. joeboboutfitters.com sells the trigger for $94 and the reduced power springs for $10. The complete LPK with NM trigger is 129. Free shipping on orders over $90.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you set on a 2 stage? The trigger that's going in my new build is a JP single stage 3.5 pound single stage. It costs $99 from Brownells and people whose opinions I value use them.

Carl Bill

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am really wanting a 2 stage for target shooting.

I just saw this:

"Rock River 2-stage NM pins are .1555 in diameter and are not recommended or designed to be used with .154 pins or .170 Colt lower receivers. .1555 RRA Trigger pins will install in any standard milspec lower receiver without modification but may be noticeably more snug than the .154 pins upon install."

That seems to imply that the RRA NM trigger should not be used with .154 pins, such as the KNS anti-rotation pins I was planning to also use. So that is pushing me toward the CMMG trigger.

Has anyone actually used the CMMG (the new model) and had any negative issues to report?

Appreciate the feedback!

Carl Bill

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rock river from joebobs...never had a problem with the pins ever moving and the tight fit helps to stabilize the trigger assembly, makes it noticeably tighter and more repearable trigger pull. $.02

J

Jckellison

Rock river from joebobs...never had a problem with the pins ever moving and the tight fit helps to stabilize the trigger assembly, makes it noticeably tighter and more repearable trigger pull. $.02

I agree! RRA two stage isn't a jewel is gisselle, but it breaks super clean.
Picked mine up from Joe Bob's too. Super nice people in Hays Kansas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom